Has anyone done the Christmas Cove Sailing and Snorkeling Adventure?

luv2gonow

This excursion is in St. Thomas:)

Hi Wondering if anyone has done this????

It says minimum age is 8. I have an 8yr old. Is the ride "rough"....on this racing catamaran.

Does anyone know what time this excursion leaves????

We are in port 7am to 4pm.....and would also love to go to Magens Bay???

Is this possible???

Thanks

K

BTW....says excursion is 4hrs.

Set sail aboard the racing catamaran, Spirit of St. Christopher, on an unforgettable maritime adventure.

On this excursion you will:

• Be whisked away from the pier to a nearby marina.
  • Board the 76 foot catamaran for a one-hour sail out to the uninhabited island of Great St. James.
  • Explore the amazing marine life residing within the sanctuary of Christmas Cove.
  • Jump into the turquoise water right off the boat and swim to the snorkeling area. Or, have the crew take you ashore on a dinghy.
  • Enjoy the colorful fish in depths shallow enough to stand up in.
  • Make new friends including fish, turtles, and friendly stingrays as you snorkel around their marine environment.

Note: Minimum age is 8 years old to participate; children must be accompanied by an adult. Snorkel equipment included and snorkel instruction provided.

Complimentary water, fruit punch and rum punch will be served; beer available for purchase. Pregnant women are not permitted on this excursion.

This excursion is in St. Thomas:)

Hi Wondering if anyone has done this????

It says minimum age is 8. I have an 8yr old. Is the ride "rough"....on this racing catamaran.

Does anyone know what time this excursion leaves????

We are in port 7am to 4pm.....and would also love to go to Magens Bay???

Is this possible???

Thanks

K

BTW....says excursion is 4hrs.

Set sail aboard the racing catamaran, Spirit of St. Christopher, on an unforgettable maritime adventure.

On this excursion you will:

• Be whisked away from the pier to a nearby marina.
  • Board the 76 foot catamaran for a one-hour sail out to the uninhabited island of Great St. James.
  • Explore the amazing marine life residing within the sanctuary of Christmas Cove.
  • Jump into the turquoise water right off the boat and swim to the snorkeling area. Or, have the crew take you ashore on a dinghy.
  • Enjoy the colorful fish in depths shallow enough to stand up in.
  • Make new friends including fish, turtles, and friendly stingrays as you snorkel around their marine environment.

Note: Minimum age is 8 years old to participate; children must be accompanied by an adult. Snorkel equipment included and snorkel instruction provided.

Complimentary water, fruit punch and rum punch will be served; beer available for purchase. Pregnant women are not permitted on this excursion.

You may have better luck posting this on the Ports of Call board...;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

We went on this excursion in April 08. It was awesome. The ride out is great but we had good weather. You will anchor about 30 yards off of the beach in a cove. The have a small boat to take you to the beach if you want. Otherwise you will jump off of the boat to snorkel. The snorkeling is the best we have done. We snorkeled about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. We got really sunburned so either wear a shirt over swimsuit or lots of sunscreen. You get to sail back after snorkeling. They took great care of us and anyone that didn't know how to snorkel they helped. We all knew what we were doing so they just let us go. Being in a cove area they water was smooth! Go for this excursion because it was great! And the rum punch is the best! I would go again in a minute. If you have any other questions just ask away and I will try and remember!:)

We went on this excursion in April 08. It was awesome. The ride out is great but we had good weather. You will anchor about 30 yards off of the beach in a cove. The have a small boat to take you to the beach if you want. Otherwise you will jump off of the boat to snorkel. The snorkeling is the best we have done. We snorkeled about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. We got really sunburned so either wear a shirt over swimsuit or lots of sunscreen. You get to sail back after snorkeling. They took great care of us and anyone that didn't know how to snorkel they helped. We all knew what we were doing so they just let us go. Being in a cove area they water was smooth! Go for this excursion because it was great! And the rum punch is the best! I would go again in a minute. If you have any other questions just ask away and I will try and remember!:)

How deep was the water? And I'm assuming you had to wear a snorkel vest?

We did this excursion in September of 09. It was great. If I remember right it was $65 per person and well worth the money. Like Busdriver said the ride out was good, and like him we had excellent weather. But the ride back was even better. They put up the sails and let the wind take us in. Beautiful ride and a very nice boat.

The water was about 15-18 feet deep but they will give you life vests if you need them. It may just be me but it seemed easier to float in the water of the Caribbean (must be the blubber that floats so well). When we went there were two trips out, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. We were on the afternoon trip and we met at the dock at 1. It took us the whole 4 hours and was perhaps the best 4 hours of the cruise.

yes the water was about 20 feet deep and if you want a life vest they will give it to you but you don't have to wear one if you don't want to . It cost us about $45 in 08. The catamaran only hold about 50 but we had less and it was not crowded at all. We took the morning sailing and was back about noon it think. We ate on the ship after cleaning up and then went back off the ship and did shopping during the afternoon so you will have plenty of time do 2 things. Again this is a wonderful excursion.

Archived