running track or treadmills on Wonder?

alaskabound2323

what is the running track on the wonder like? It doesn't look like it goes all the way around the boat.

Are there treadmills on the boat? Can a teenager use the treadmills?

Trying to find out if my son will be able to run during our vacation. He is in the middle of track season.

My husband had a terrible time trying to run on the "running track" on the Magic. It's closed for cleaning until around 7:00, and then it's taken over by walkers walking 2-3 abreast, usually with kids in tow who don't move aside for runners. He gave up after the third day.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/onboard-activities/fitness-spa/fitness-center/

Guests are required to be 18 years old to use the facilities.

I want to think that a few times during our cruise (usually later in the evening) the teen group was allowed to use the health club for a couple of hours as part of their activities schedule.

the running track on the wonder DOES go all the way around. It may not appear so because you cant "see" the aft portion as it is covered. DW used to work on this ship and loved jogging on it.

edit: this is assuming you're talking about the promenade around the ship, on deck 4...

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the wonder. The track was great. On deck 4. There was hardly anyone on it. And you went in the back where the crew was working on stuff. And there was a 5k run on Castaway Cay.

There was a couple people trying to run on deck 10. That is a mistake

Just got back from the wonder. The track was great. On deck 4. There was hardly anyone on it. And you went in the back where the crew was working on stuff. And there was a 5k run on Castaway Cay.

There was a couple people trying to run on deck 10. That is a mistake

When we were on the Magic they closed off the area where the crew was working, so you couldn't run on deck 4 until 7:00 am, and then there were tons of people milling about three abreast and not staying to the right to let others pass.

The track was long and awesome. Around whole ship.....It went inside to an area that felt like you shouldn't be there.....very cool.

I think there is shuffleboard on this deck.....funny....as i'm running around the deck a bunch of times.....I was cracking up to myself....usually i'm the one on the lounger looking at the "jogger" in the heat sweating thinking their crazy....LOL....

It was great....

In fact....I would love to know if anyone knows of a better track on another ship. I know on the Carnival Ships it is pathetic....goes around the stack.

Thanks

Kerri

• 2 weeks later...

I hate running on a treadmill so any chance to be outdoors I will be! Now I am a slow runner, so not too bothered by others...he may struggle with that.

Definitely sign up for the group run on Castaway Cay. It was fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived