Thinking Of Going On Enchantment Of The Seas

bobbyfk

This is the cruise that leaves from phila up to Canada/New England

1. Will i be roaming on my verizon wireless phone durning the port days?

2. Will anyboday eles be going on the same date as me?

3. What do you all think of the ship?

4. What kind of room service menu do they have for 12:00am-1:00am snacking or what places are open up at that time to get something to eat?

5. Do you guys have any hidden tricks or tips for me? This will be my 4 cruise. I have cruised Regal and NCL.

Thanks for any help i can get. I know you guys are good at helping people. Thanks Again.

PS: Where can i find: Look to See Who's Going to be Docked at Your Island" thread

2. Will anyboday eles be going on the same date as me?

I would venture to estimate about 2400 passengers!

5. Do you guys have any hidden tricks or tips for me? This will be my 4 cruise. I have cruised Regal and NCL.

I am sure you have learned a lot so far, but keep reading these boards; they have a wealth of information.

Be sure to check for others going with you on the Roll Calls board.

Michelle

1. Will i be roaming on my verizon wireless phone durning the port days?

It depends on the type of plan you have! I would check with Verizon and give them the exact locations. If, for example, you are going to be in Boston, you shouldn't be roaming if you have a national plan. If you are going to be in Halifax, that is a different story.

We just returned from the Enchantment - you will be cruising after the ship is stretched. We had talked about taking the Philadelphia/ NE/ Canada cruise but opted for Bermuda on Voyager later in the year.

The Enchantment is a beautiful ship and i can only imagine it will be better once it is stretched (they are adding a 70 some odd foot section).

If you go you should have a wonderful time.

http://community.webshots.com/user/jsemonik:cool:

We have been on the Enchantment once and her sister ship the Grandeur twice. I love these 2 ships. They are small enough to find your way around easily and the service has always been good. I am sure you will really enjoy it, especially since they have refurbished it.

For bobbiefk...

We're contemplating this cruise itinerary too...but out of Boston rather than Philly. I hope someone answers posts in response to your request for "hidden tricks & tips"...I'm anxious to learn all I can too. This will be our first time on Royal Caribbean...we've also sailed with REGAL CRUISES & NCL. There never seems to be much posted on the ENCHANTMENT...I hope that between now and cruise day we both can gather lots of information to make each of our cruises everything that they can be!

Happy planning!

Debjo

We're booked on the Sept. 25 cruise out of Boston. We took the New England/Canada cruise on RCCL in 2001 (one week after 9/11!) and had the best vacation ever (including Hawaii, Greece, the Caribbean...) We have talked about it so much, my in-laws wanted to go, so we booked the four of us for this fall. We've been on RCCL 5 times and Princess 4; we love both and choose according to itinerary we want.

Michele

Here are the "stretched" Enchantment's deck plans:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=0000Bz4pSAe4bPW3Par0fF9jpke:v2mocc7o?shipCode=EN&deckCode=CM&shipProfile=1069&sailDate=1050122

Oh, and last year in Halifax, we paid roaming charges on our Verizon phones. We have the broadest nationwide calling program.

Carol

• 4 weeks later...

We're going on the July 31st cruise. Can't wait!!!

As for finding out which ships are docked the same time as Enchantment... I forget the website but I did check the other day and we are the only ship in port each day (at least for the week of July 31st).

Merion Mom -- When are you going??

To the original op- my advice would be to be very careful on what you're booking because of the confusion in deck plans.

As always, Merion Mom is correct- the "new" ship plans are on the website. However several of the online agencies still have the old deck plans and you could book something you really don't want. I would be cautious and verify that whoever you're booking with knows what the new deck plan is. That, BTW, could include RCCL- at one point an agent told me that none of the cabin numbers would be changed after the stretch. (scratching my head over THAT one!)

We're on the 3 Sep sailing- anyone else?

You can get burgers, fries, pizza and stuff like that late at night (until about 4:00 a.m.) at the Solarium Cafe. They also have room service. Go to the Quest game show. Deck 10 usually has plenty of lounges available while at sea. 3:00 each day has a nacho type bar offered in the Windjammer along with ice cream and toppings. Ask for the your drink in a regular glass instead of the souvenier glass once you have enough (its cheaper). Solarium pool was usually the quietest area of the ship during the day. You will love her especially after the stretch. Have fun!

Archived