A Dreamy Week 2-20-10

bakechef

What an awesome review! We will be Livin the Dream in May!

Thanks for the tip on the vanilla. I have never bought vanilla in mexico, but with your recommendation, i think I will be coming home with vanilla this year! Was it very expensive?

Thanks again for an awesome review!

The brand that I got was Totonac's vanilla. I got it in the tequila shop at the far end of the shopping plaza. It smelled wonderful. I bake a lot so mexican vanilla appealed to me. D'lis also makes a good one.

The Vanilla that I bought was the 500ml (16oz) and it was $10 or 2 for $16. A great price for quality vanilla.

Well, it was another wonderful cruise with Carnival, maybe my best yet.

We drove with great friends to Florida on Friday the 19th, and stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott. This was our second stay there and it was just as nice as the first time. We got the suite with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, with full kitchen and living room. Breakfast was great and it was warm enough to eat outside, we were officially in Vacation mode.

We took the shuttle to the port, we went a little later than last time (10:45), I was a bit worried that there would be a crowd, but it wasn't bad at all. After getting through security we were checked in and on board the ship within 20 minutes. One thing different about this boarding process with Carnival, was your card was scanned and picture taken inside the terminal before boarding the ship, they had 4 machines which seemed to make the whole process faster.

Once on board we got the first look at the atrium. Let me tell you now, the Dream is the prettiest Carnival ship that I have been on to date. The decor is very restrained in comparison to the other ships especially the Splendor, with its thousands of pink zebra striped polka dots everywhere! With that said, the ship still had a very "Carnival feel" which I liked very much.

We made our way to the lido and then to the second level and plopped down to relax and enjoy our first Funship Specials! After 3 each, and a light lunch we made our way to our cabins.

SG1L2642.JPG

So far so good with the report..And that drink , looks very happy!!

We had cabin 7204 a forward facing cabin just under the bridge. We had a similar location on the Splendor and enjoyed it very much.

I am glad you enjoyed the forward cabins. We are booked in room 11209 on the Magic in 2011 and I am worried by the posts I've read about really feeling the movement of the ship when forward. I will still take my seabands, dramamine and the drops for behind the ears I've heard of but it's nice to hear of someone enjoying a forward cabin. Thank you!

I am also hoping that the seas on the Mediterranean are a little different than the Atlantic.

I am glad you enjoyed the forward cabins. We are booked in room 11209 on the Magic in 2011 and I am worried by the posts I've read about really feeling the movement of the ship when forward. I will still take my seabands, dramamine and the drops for behind the ears I've heard of but it's nice to hear of someone enjoying a forward cabin. Thank you!

I am also hoping that the seas on the Mediterranean are a little different than the Atlantic.

I am not prone to seasickness so I can have a cabin just about anywhere. The motion some nights was noticeable, but not to the extreme, even though the seas were quite rough.

A lady that we met on the ship was very prone to motion sickness, she can't even watch a lot of movies because of it. She had one of those wrist bands that she bought at rite aid or somewhere and was amazed that she was having no issues, it really worked for her..

• 3 weeks later...

Loved your review - it was great. We are hoping to go on the Dream the end of May. We actually got pure vanilla in Roatan a few years ago for $1 a bottle and it was wonderful. Hoping to get that again!:)

Archived