Temperature indoors in common areas of the ship?

dsh0512

I am extremely cold natured and in buildings with the AC turned up high find myself shivering. I am sailing with Princess for the first time in May on the Emerald western caribbean. Do they keep the dining rooms and lounges freezing cold. Last May on NCL ship I was freezing every night at dinner. Any info would be helpful.

I think you probably answered your own question: if you tend to be chilly in a/c, you'll be chilly aboard. Me, I'm the opposite (I volunteered to sit in the dining room chair that was in a draft!) and am seldom if ever cold in the public rooms but I think that there can be some spots that others perceive as chilly, and some rooms can be cooler than others, depending on how many people are filling them up. I'd go prepared with some wraps or sweaters, if I were you.

I would definitely pack a couple of sweaters. It all seems to depend on the ship, but we have seen some of the ships very cold, where others were more or less just comfortable. But if you are cold natured, I wouldn't take a chance and bring along a couple of wraps.

take sweaters or wraps. Sometimes it's a little chilly, sometimes it's freezing and sometimes it's comfortable. When I cruise I take mostly long-sleeved outfits for evenings or if they are sleeveless or shortsleeves I carry a wrap.

When we cruised to Alaska a couple years ago, it was really cold at the ports so I made sure I packed some Therma Care Back Wraps. You can wear whatever you want and you will be wear no matter where you are. If you get too warm, just take it off, roll it up, stick in your purse until your cold again. They wrap around your waist and have velcor ends. They stay warm for about 8 - 12 hrs depending on how warm you want it. I have bad arthritis in my back, so my back becomes very painful, if I get cold.

Like you I don't like to be cold and I am in most public areas. I take a light-weight black sweater that can even look dressy if I'm in all black like a formal night. It can then tie around my waist when I need to wear it but want to have it " in case". Wore it almost every night on the Crown for evenings.

Archived