Just off the Emerald Princess - Review Part One

addygirl216

Hi Addygirl,

Thanks for the great review, I am so excited to be on Emerald, with my 2 kids in 2 weeks! As far as the hair braiding, I would love to have my DD hair done, but last 2 years it has cost me $130. I told her no this year, but for $30.00, we can do it (we always do 1/2 head). Is there a specific spot to go and get that done? She will be thrilled to have it done again.

Love reading all about the ship!

Kim

Hi Addygirl,

Thanks for the great review, I am so excited to be on Emerald, with my 2 kids in 2 weeks! As far as the hair braiding, I would love to have my DD hair done, but last 2 years it has cost me $130. I told her no this year, but for $30.00, we can do it (we always do 1/2 head). Is there a specific spot to go and get that done? She will be thrilled to have it done again.

Love reading all about the ship!

Kim

there was a large group of ladies that you will come to first - they were all sitting together. The gal that did addy's hair was further past them, closer to where the food is served, and all by herself. The gal was a tall gal, and a little on the heavier side. She was very quiet, but did a great job, and the price was great! :)

Thank you for your review. We'll be on our first Princess cruise in Oct (10-days on Emerald). Can you explain a little more about Sanctuary and the Thermal suite? What did you mean "grab your lounge chair for the week" in Sanctuary - do they limit the number of guests to equal the number of chairs? Sorry if that's a silly question. I love the idea of a quiet, peaceful place to relax (no loud music, pool games, etc). Was it generally quiet or did you find a lot of people talking? For the thermal suite - do you remember the hours they were open? I loved the thermal suite on RCCL

Thanks

Thank you, we will be on the Emerald 1/7/11...seems so far away. You made me feel a little better.

I agree Grand Turk is so beautiful!

2465718820105221066S600x600Q85.jpg

2444334160105221066S600x600Q85.jpg

Also, regarding the sanctuary, I couldn't agree more a total waste of money...spread the word (more room for me) ...:D ;)

Addygirl...we are on the 4/25 Emerald sailing.

What ammenities are there in the Sanctuary? What is the cost for a couple?

What about the thermal suites. What is included there and what is the cost.

Are there any things that seem to be part of the packages but area actually open to the general population?

Thanks for your help. We are trying to decided what to try to do. Have always liked the thermal suites on NCL but do not know how these compare.

Sanctuary-- What is the cost for a couple?

1 person = $10/half day, $20/full day. Reserve the first day for entire cruise is $15/day * numbers of days.

2 people = 2 times the 1 person cost

Addygirl...we are on the 4/25 Emerald sailing.

Are there any things that seem to be part of the packages but area actually open to the general population?

The Sanctuary is gated and is only for paying passengers. The stewards know who has paid and who has not and they will chase away anyone who wanders in accidentally.

Can the Sanctuary be booked just for sea days? Yes, but only on each sea day and you must do it early that day before they are all reserved.

Is it possible to book online before the cruise? No, only onboard, even for the full cruise.

See above

Grand Turk - WOW. We loved it here. It was just beautiful! The prettiest water and sand of the cruise! We did the 'ultimate snorkeling tour' and loved it. This was a shorter, inexpensive tour - but had lots of bang for your buck. Fun crew, LOTS of people on the boat tho! We went to two different snorkeling stops - the first there were tons of the huge stingray like Grand Cayman - that the guides would go down and grab so you could touch them. Lots of coral, wonderful visibility. Tons of conch shells - many of them empty and there for the taking! The second stop was near the surf break - so a bit more choppy, but nothing even my 11 year old couldn't handle - TONS of sealife and fish here - and a resident 'PET' barracuda that swam with us. a little creepy, but so cool - saw some very amazing and unique fish here that I've never seen on the 15 or so snorkeling tours I've taken! We spent a short time at margaritaville, and did a little bit of shopping - and then it was way too soon time to leave this GEM of an island! I cannot believe people say they don't want to get off of the ship here - its a small island - but it packs a mighty mighty punch as far as beaches, sea life, and beauty! I can't urge you enough to give this little spot a chance!

Tanks for this post...we are doing this tour next week! Now Im even more excited!

Here are the MUTS movies:

Day 1

Star Trek XI

Day 2

day:

Mamma Mia

Confessions of a shopaholic

cloudy with a chance of meatballs

christina aguilera concert

Night:

The Blind Side (3 times)

day 3

day:

alvin and the chipmunks

ghosts of girlfriends past

500 days of summer

stevie wonder concert

night:

Twilight: new moon

Surrogates

day 4

day:

love happens

the proposal

night:

christina aguilera concert

stevie wonder concert

beyonce

barry manilow

tina turner

U2

Cirque du soleil

day 5

day:

Julie and Julia

the invention of lying

tina turner

night:

the blind side

Teen guitar hero

day 6

day:

star trek XI

love happens

night:

Up in the air (3 times)

day 7

day:

julie and julia

star trek XI

christina aguilera

night:

NCAA basketball

Michael Jackson this is it

They also showed movies in the theatre and in the explorers lounge - I can post this if anyone wants those movies....

thanks so much! you are the best!

Archived