Lost Tours on Oahu??

Jrabbit128

Has anyone done any of the Lost Tours on Oahu? The hubby and I will be in Oahu in April and are big fans of the show. I googled "Lost Tours" and about 30 different ones came up.

I have done a little research on the Lost Tours. The one that I found was the KOS Tours, Inc. www.hummertourshawaii.com They have a couple different tours that sound great. We have not been to Hawaii but have been planning a trip for August/September 2010. Hope this helps :)

KOS is highly recommended on TripAdvisor. Depending on when you go, just be aware that LOST is in it's final season so they will be done with the show when I go in November. I e-mailed KOS and they said that the beach camp set will be gone by then but from what they understand, everything else mentioned in their tours is staying.

I have been looking at the KOS tours and it looks like it is the better one. Now to decide between the 5 or 10 hour tour. They mention alot of "secret" locations. I wonder if those are locations that can only be accessed by this tour group and not other companies.

I have been looking at the KOS tours and it looks like it is the better one. Now to decide between the 5 or 10 hour tour. They mention alot of "secret" locations. I wonder if those are locations that can only be accessed by this tour group and not other companies.

Yes, many of the location are on private property. You can find more info about different locations on this web site:

http://www.lostvirtualtour.com

If you can visit a place on your own, that web site will tell you how. :D

I did the KOS 10 hr. Circle Island last month and it was fantastic!! Our guide was actually an extra on the show a few weeks ago (he played a doctor along side Jack in the hospital)!

It really depends on how much time you have, and how much you wan to pay for your tour. While we were there they were filming the scenes from the last show, where they showed Richard's house before he arrived to the island (very cool) - on a private ranch. It's quite a trek to the beach camp site, very deep sand and one person in our group was not fit enough to actually reach the site. I wouldn't recommend any other tour company, as stated before - they are the only tour that can get you to some of the private sites!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I did a LOST Tour with Hawaiian Escapades in January. Our cruise ship came into Honolulu at 8 am and left at 11 pm. If I had gone with the Kos Tour, I would have only been able to do the shorter tour because of the timing of our ship arrival. The shorter tour didn't include the Others Compound. Since I really wanted to see it, I went with the Hawaiian Escapades tour. I felt it was a good tour, but it was not private. My friend and I were with 3 other people, 2 of whom were not LOST fans. The other people slowed things up, so I don't think we got to see everything we were supposed to. We did get to the beach camp, though. Nothing at the private ranch. If I had more time, I would have taken the Kos Tour.

I contacted KOS today to find out about the 10 hour tour and they only offer it on Saturdays and Mondays. We arrive at 2:30pm on Saturday so we couldn't do that tour, and their Monday tour is already sold out. We are going to have to do the 5 hour tour. I am going to stick with KOS most likely because I see everyone is giving them really good reviews. Really wanted to do the 10 hour but oh well.

I contacted KOS today to find out about the 10 hour tour and they only offer it on Saturdays and Mondays. We arrive at 2:30pm on Saturday so we couldn't do that tour, and their Monday tour is already sold out. We are going to have to do the 5 hour tour. I am going to stick with KOS most likely because I see everyone is giving them really good reviews. Really wanted to do the 10 hour but oh well.

You might want to check out www.hawaiianescapades.com to see what they are offering. I was in the same position as you with timing problems. I thought that the tour I took was very good. I think it would have been better if my friend and I didn't have the family of 3 tagging along. As I mentioned, they really slowed us down. The tour I did was 8 hrs. including lunch at a shrimp truck. My main objective was to see the Others Compound. We actually were able to walk around there, so I was a happy camper. Check out the web site and see if it has what you are looking for. Good luck!

Archived