Cruising during (us) thanksgiving holiday

bahamaman

(First I must say the we are cruise newbies)

But I just have to ask...:D

This might sound like a crazy question but does Ncl have turkey and the fixings available on a cruise during the holiday? what about nfl football on tv?

This might sound like a crazy question but does Ncl have turkey and the fixings available on a cruise during the holiday? what about nfl football on tv?

I can't speak specifically for Thanksgiving, but judging by the traditional dinner and football available over last Christmas, I'd expect it.

I was on the Pearl this past Thanksgiving.

They did have the traditional US Thanksgiving dinner available in the main dining rooms and yes---they had the Turkey Day games shown onboard :D. They looked cool on rhe big screen in the atrium

I was on the Pearl this past Thanksgiving.

They did have the traditional US Thanksgiving dinner available in the main dining rooms and yes---they had the Turkey Day games shown onboard :D. They looked cool on rhe big screen in the atrium

Thanks! Now I am even more excited about it. We booked Epic for July and

booked Gem - 13 day for November 2011. (Miami to NY):D

Thanksgiving 2008--transatlantic on the Gem. They had turkey with most of the fixings on Thanksgiving, but it wasn't a standout. I think they tried to put too many items on the plate, and it came out looking a little, well, crowded. Tasted pretty good, but nothing like a homemade dinner.

--Michael

Thanksgiving 2008--transatlantic on the Gem. They had turkey with most of the fixings on Thanksgiving, but it wasn't a standout. I think they tried to put too many items on the plate, and it came out looking a little, well, crowded. Tasted pretty good, but nothing like a homemade dinner.

--Michael

And ya can't just hit the fridge later to make a leftover, turkey sandwich! :(

I can't answer about football, I think it depends on what networks they have contracts with, or is used to. Yes, they will serve traditional thanksgiving dinner.

Nita

--Michael

Micheal, you don't get Traditional turkey dinner anywhere like mamma used to make, not even at a church turkey gathering..

Nita lol

But I wonder if you can order one from Room Service . . .

--Michael

Crap! You might be right...and just think-like an idiot, I headed back to the dining room just before closing and had another dinner! (belch!)

Micheal, you don't get Traditional turkey dinner anywhere like mamma used to make, not even at a church turkey gathering..

Nita lol

I thank heavens you can't get what gramma used to make! Ugh! :p

I thank heavens you can't get what gramma used to make! Ugh! :p

Yeah, my grandma blew up a turkey one time. She always overcooked things. One year she put the turkey in an oven bag to roast it. Over cooking in an oven bag did the turkey in big time. The pressure in that bag was so huge that when she slit the bag open, the turkey blew up. We had a platter of shreds of turkey amongst broken bones. It was good for a laugh and family jokes to this day.

Crap! You might be right...and just think-like an idiot, I headed back to the dining room just before closing and had another dinner! (belch!)

I'll remember that the next time I'm cruising on Thanksgiving!

--Michael

We are sailing on the Dawn Thanksgiving 2011, so all sailing this year, come back and report. I already have a note to have the butler get turkey sandwiches. BTW, is it only breast, or can you get dark meat?

Al

Archived