Golden Princess Review - Hawaiian Islands March 14-28

mikjr

Mike:

Thanks for your review. My DH and I will be on the 4/25 sailing. Really looking forward to this trip, its hubby's retirment gift. I have one question that I saw pop up here lately and of course everyone has a different answer. If you used a CC for your sail n' sign, was a hold placed on the cc for a specific dollar amount at the beginning of the cruise?

We have been on 8 Princess cruises, using an AMEX card each time, and have never had a hold put on the card.

Was it warm enough to sit by the pool during the sea days? I was on the Golden 2 years ago on a Mexico cruise and it was so cold we had to wrap ourselves with towels near the pool. Hope you fared better! The Golden looks so great after the refurbishment!!

Thanks for the review!

Bill :)

Bill... it was actually nice during many of the sea days. we had several sunny days, and many were laying out on the decks. I actually got a nice tan. But on the way back, it was a bit more overcast and cool. It was actually 80 degrees when we returned to Los Angeles. It was the warmest weather we had the whole trip!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trnandru

I enjoyed reading your review and hope to be on the Golden within the next year! You commented that the spring (March) cruise was cooler than you are used to stating around 70 degrees. I would imagine that April would bring warmer temperatures.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,

A great review! We're repeating our end of year cruise on the Golden. This time we hope to "not miss the boat," which we joined in Hilo.

Would you happen to have an email address for Alex in Kauai?

Our Mini did last June.

I'm very close to booking the 3/16/11 Hawaii cruise on the Golden, so all this information has been very useful!!

Is there a major differance in the BB class (balcony) and the mini-suite (AE)?

thanks!!

I'm very close to booking the 3/16/11 Hawaii cruise on the Golden, so all this information has been very useful!!

Is there a major differance in the BB class (balcony) and the mini-suite (AE)?

thanks!!

The mini will have a sitting area with sofa, and a bathtub.

Think if you booked an AE it would probably be a GTY and you would end up with a higher category.

A BB is great, make sure its on Caribe deck. The largest balcony half covered.

Archived