Sun Trolley in FLL - thoughts?

Berk987

we used it last Oct.

thought it was great!!!

took it to the beach and to Las Olas then back to the Hotel on 17th street.

beaware tho it runs only till 5/6pm.

only a dollar per person (weekends)each time you hop on, but I think I read somewhere its cheaper weekdays (some state free on fridays).

also I think kids are free or a reduced rate???

just wave them down or have them stop where you want.

am planning to use them next fall!

Hi...our family of 2 adults and 4 children used it last winter. We caught it behind Embassy Suites 17th street. We ran to the stop because we saw the bus/trolley was there already, and we didn't want to have to wait for the next bus. It turns out we just sat there for about 15 minutes while waiting for it to fill up. It was not a problem for us, we just wouldn't have ran if had known :eek:

At that time, the charge was 1.00 each (some days it was free, but this was a Friday, and the cost was $1.00). We went down past the beach and got off just before the Beach Place. We wanted to catch the other bus going up Las Olas Blvd. (another $1.00 each). I wanted to walk up Las Olas, but kids wanted to bus it...I glad we did, it's further than I thought. We were going on the Carrie B. tour and it was pretty much near the end of the route.

All 6 of us took the trolley back (another $1.00 each) to route change area, and boys took the other trolley back to the hotel (don't worry, they were 20 and 18), while Mom and Dad went to the beach with the girls (we walked to the beach from the route change area). After playing, we simply headed to the nearest trolley stop and were picked up within 5 minutes. It dropped us off right beside our hotel.

So in total, it cost us $4.00 per person for all the different rides/routed. We thought it was well worth it. Make sure you have cash.

We liked the ride...it's open air and does not feel like a bus at all. You could catch it for $1.00 and just stay on the bus for the whole route just to sight see.

thanks. can you sit from one end (Harbor Shops) and go all the way to the other and back again w/o getting off? I'll pay again, not a problem. Just easier for us to take a "ride", relax and enjoy the view with the kids. The 5pm route stop worries us in case we get stuck somewhere and don't know how to get back. I worry too much. We've seen it Saturday afternoons at the first stop (Harbor Shops) and it was empty. We want to try in Dec just for something different for the kids.

Hi

We use it all the time.... never need to rent a car. We stay on 17th and the Trolley takes you down to the beach and/or you can take a connector to Las Olas. The fare is only $.50 or a $1.00 per ride, it comes by every half hour, and the drivers are friendly. Here is a link to the website with a map of the 17th street/Las Olas Route.....http://www.suntrolley.com/maplasolas/

Archived