Mallorca: "Train To Soller"

I have checked the excursions for our cruise ship and I see no mention of an excursion that features the 'Train to Soller.'

I have some friends who have taken this train ride from Palma to Soller and they are recommending that we consider it. But we would not dare do so unless we knew for certain that we would be back in time for our cruise ship to depart the port.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who has done this on their own.....

ALSO....We are open to suggestions on any other excursions that you think might be worth investigating.

THANKS.

I have checked the excursions for our cruise ship and I see no mention of an excursion that features the 'Train to Soller.'

I have some friends who have taken this train ride from Palma to Soller and they are recommending that we consider it. But we would not dare do so unless we knew for certain that we would be back in time for our cruise ship to depart the port.

ALSO....We are open to suggestions on any other excursions that you think might be worth investigating.

THANKS.

Can't help with your timings, but did the train trip many years ago, excellent

JB

THANKS.

I see you're from S Illinois and am wondering if we have the same friend. The person I'm thinking about frequents the Carnival boards mostly but I don't hold that against him. ;) My friend, his wife, my DH and I took this train a couple of years ago. We also had the same concern you did about getting back to the ship in time because for us, it was a very short time in port. It's actually not anything to worry about as long as you have a Plan B. For us, it was a bus back to Palma or in a worst case scenario, a cab. Back then I think it ran around $35 to get us back to the pier. The train ride itself was wonderful. You see lots of the countryside and travel through 2 (I think) tunnels through the mountains. Once you get to Soller, take the tram to the Port of Soller. It's very quaint and worth the trip. My husband still talks about this trip.

hey aj

we did the train as a DIY. we had a fun time. it was a major holiday and was very crowded in soller. walked around, had lunch and a glass of wine then took train back to mallorca, and roamed around town a bit. did not take tram down to port. you can decide to take a taxi back to mallorca as there is taxi's lined up along with prices. make sure of the train times going and coming back and what time you are in port.

another option you may want to hire a private taxi to do a tour of areas you are interested in, or ask what they can offer. (for instance: what can i see of mallorca in 4 hours} found this website majorcabdriver.com

check it out and see if another couple want to share a 'make your own tour ride'

seemallorca.com may be of some interest

happy cruising

miss pupule

Archived