Activity level, bike availability

rickandpat

My husband and I are considering a Greek cruise, and Seadream looks like it has a good itinerary. Thinking of the Instanbul-Athens Sept. 25. We are not cruise people, but had a fabulous time on the Regent Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia. We liked the very port-intensive itinerary - my husband can't bear to spend much time on the ship - being very active every day, and we appreciated not being nickled and dimed. How many bikes are available to use, I can see Rick really enjoying long bike rides (he loves hills and challenges)? For myself I wouldn't mind some places just walking off the ship for a good hike, rather than going for an excursion. Would you think we'd be happy with Seadream?

My husband and I are considering a Greek cruise, and Seadream looks like it has a good itinerary. Thinking of the Instanbul-Athens Sept. 25. We are not cruise people, but had a fabulous time on the Regent Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia. We liked the very port-intensive itinerary - my husband can't bear to spend much time on the ship - being very active every day, and we appreciated not being nickled and dimed. How many bikes are available to use, I can see Rick really enjoying long bike rides (he loves hills and challenges)? For myself I wouldn't mind some places just walking off the ship for a good hike, rather than going for an excursion. Would you think we'd be happy with Seadream?

Hello rickandpat

You have found the perfect "yachtline" for you! Rick sounds exactly like my DH. Can't sit still, needs to be active! We just came home from SeaDream last week. We had a great Captain who took the passengers on bike rides and/or hikes every day. Some bike rides were very challenging, which sounds right up your alley! Plenty of mountain bikes on board, so you can ride every day if you'd like! Ask if Captain Willassen is on your cruise and you'll almost guarantee a hike or bike every day! He is on SD2. Absolutely no nickel and dimeing on SeaDream. You just can't ask for a better holiday! Can't wait to be on board again!!!

When we did the Greek Islands in 2007 we didn't have any trouble getting bikes. That said, we DID have trouble riding them in the 90-degree heat up all the big hills the islands have!

Archived