Dumb Suite/VIP question

fightpiter

VIPs are not the same as suite guests, but there are a variety of ways that people get deemed VIPs. However, it is very discretionary. I met a couple on the Spirit last year who were VIPs. Turns out, they are ministers at a place in NOLA that ministers to the crew of all kinds of ships, not just cruise ships. Because of that, they had met many crew including the head chef. They had invested in the lives of the crew, and in turn, someone (or possibly many someones) suggested them for VIPs. We met another lady just a few weeks ago who was friends with one of the doctors on board the Pearl (ship she was boarding). I heard her say that he met her at the gangway when she boarded. Then there are those who are frequent cruisers - so much so that they keep in touch with a number of officers or crew even when not cruising.

But I know that in today's economy, cruise lines are no different than other buisness and they are watching their expenses very closely. In a conversation with the HD on the Pearl recently, it makes me think that there used to be more people deemed VIPs than there are today. I was kind of reading between the lines on that one, but it kinda makes sense.

VIPs are not the same as suite guests, but there are a variety of ways that people get deemed VIPs. However, it is very discretionary. I met a couple on the Spirit last year who were VIPs. Turns out, they are ministers at a place in NOLA that ministers to the crew of all kinds of ships, not just cruise ships. Because of that, they had met many crew including the head chef. They had invested in the lives of the crew, and in turn, someone (or possibly many someones) suggested them for VIPs. We met another lady just a few weeks ago who was friends with one of the doctors on board the Pearl (ship she was boarding). I heard her say that he met her at the gangway when she boarded. Then there are those who are frequent cruisers - so much so that they keep in touch with a number of officers or crew even when not cruising.

But I know that in today's economy, cruise lines are no different than other buisness and they are watching their expenses very closely. In a conversation with the HD on the Pearl recently, it makes me think that there used to be more people deemed VIPs than there are today. I was kind of reading between the lines on that one, but it kinda makes sense.

Very well said, Carmen.

PE

This goes along the lines that I was thinking but I simply wasn't sure. Thank you for the clarification.

Archived