Bernard's Tour With Kids

tropiclvrs

Has anyone been on Bernards tour with young kids? If so, how well did they do on the tour?

We are thinking of booking him in May with our 5 & 3 year olds, but I'm not sure how "kid friendly" the actual tour is.

Any thoughts or imput?

Thanks!!

Has anyone been on Bernards tour with young kids? If so, how well did they do on the tour?

We are thinking of booking him in May with our 5 & 3 year olds, but I'm not sure how "kid friendly" the actual tour is.

Any thoughts or imput?

Thanks!!

I would be very comfortable taking smaller kids. The youngest we toured with was 12 but all was fine. He makes a short stop where a man get sea creatures to hold. Amazing.

The planes at Maho are a not to miss for kids and adults if you have not witnessed this before.

You can book a private tour and "gear" to what your children would like. Bernard is very flexible and also very good with children!

We toured with a couple kids on our roll call. They were, I think, about 9 and 7 at the time. They loved the sea urchin beach (with a little gentle coaxing) and the jets. And they were totally unfazed by the nude and semi-nude people strolling by on Orient Beach. Their mom simply explained that going undressed is allowed there, and perfectly normal for those people. If the nudity is a concern for you, going to Le Galleon beach was offered by Bernard as an alternative.

• 2 weeks later...

Our 9 year old was bored except for the beach stops. He particularly enjoyed Maho because of the planes. There's a lot of history and culture information, which the adults enjoyed but the 9 year old would much rather have stayed onboard at the kid's club. ;) However, without a way for the club to contact us in case of emergency, he had to come along!

We paid full price ($35) for him and for the two 14 yr olds.

Any thoughts or imput?

Thanks!!

looking fwd to hearing what you thought of the tour. thanks.

Hi, just made a mini review on the other Bernard post but our daughters aged 11 and 7 really enjoyed it! Infact the youngest one was busy telling our neighbour about the 2 sides of the island and the sizes in km!! They enjoyed the sea urchin bit, the beaches they loved and they bought some bits and pieces at the market - the locals were really nice to the girls and chatty.

Paid the same price for them but I feel it was worth it as they took it in, had lots of soft drinks and I would do it again.

Jackie

just booked into the group tour with Bernard for Dec 9th. crossing my fingers. haven't decided about whether we should go to Orient Beach or request Galion Beach. Will speak to my husband as we get closer to departure date. I don't think it will faze my kids to see nude people. They're only 4 and 6. I don't think they will care. We change in the YMCA family change room every week for swim lessons so I think they are fine. I'll probably be more shocked then them.

Just got back yesterday from our cruise and we did the bernards tour with our kids and all of us had a blast well worth the money highly recomend it

group tour for $35 or private? Orient Beach or Galion? was there a lot of waiting time at the dock before the bus/van left? how many in your group? thanks.

There were 5 of us in our group

Hi KoryD,

Did you get the van and did they have seat belts? I'm debating on whether to bring booster seats for our 4 and 6 YO. Or just strap them in the seat belt. What do you think? Thanks.

Archived