Antarctica Drive By and South America on Infinity

We took this cruise 31 Jan 2010. Spent pre and post cruise in Buenos Aires, which is in the video. Bad weather cancelled the Falkland Islands and Elephant Island, but we did get to Paradise Bay and Gerlacht Straits in Antarctica, which were magnificent. Ushauia and Porto Tumbo (Port Madryn) were also surprisesl The winery in Uruguay was delightful.

Hope you get an idea of what the cruise and excurisions were like. Whether you are making a decision on an Antarctic adventure or just curious, enjoy! It is a trip of a lifetime, not a sun in the fun junket.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gjs34711?feature=mhw4#p/a/u/0/bpmD3786h2w

We took this cruise 31 Jan 2010. Spent pre and post cruise in Buenos Aires, which is in the video. Bad weather cancelled the Falkland Islands and Elephant Island, but we did get to Paradise Bay and Gerlacht Straits in Antarctica, which were magnificent. Ushauia and Porto Tumbo (Port Madryn) were also surprisesl The winery in Uruguay was delightful.

Hope you get an idea of what the cruise and excurisions were like. Whether you are making a decision on an Antarctic adventure or just curious, enjoy! It is a trip of a lifetime, not a sun in the fun junket.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gjs34711?feature=mhw4#p/a/u/0/bpmD3786h2w

Thanks so much for posting this. This is one part of the trip we are considering (B2B2B) for 2011, and have actually deposited on. We're still not absolutely sure, but your footage is helping us with the decision.

Thanks

No it never anchored. It has those azipods that keep the stationary for hours.

I thought I saw another ship in your video at 4:48 but that could be a piece of an iceberg.

Thanks

I had a 2x 400mm lens that brought my stills close. Got some great shots of the wildlife, but there is onlyh so much room on a 10 min youtube video

You can post a longer video on vimeo as long as it is less than 500 MB.

Archived