OV balcony or large inside?

We're currently booked in an OV balcony deck 8 for 4/9/11. We're traveling with my mom/dad and sister/BIL who have cabins on either side of us. I keep looking at the large inside stateroom and of course the price which is $800 less. If we switched to the inside stateroom, we'd still be on the same deck--8. There are 3 of us and we've sailed both inside and balcony before--loved our balcony. I guess my question is this--is it worth the $800 for a balcony? For those who have sailed on Oasis--did you really spend that much time in the room? Are there any outside decks close to deck 8 (other than Central Park)? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

We're currently booked in an OV balcony deck 8 for 4/9/11. We're traveling with my mom/dad and sister/BIL who have cabins on either side of us. I keep looking at the large inside stateroom and of course the price which is $800 less. If we switched to the inside stateroom, we'd still be on the same deck--8. There are 3 of us and we've sailed both inside and balcony before--loved our balcony. I guess my question is this--is it worth the $800 for a balcony? For those who have sailed on Oasis--did you really spend that much time in the room? Are there any outside decks close to deck 8 (other than Central Park)? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

We have not sailed yet but from our experience on the Freedom, an OV balcony cabin is the only way to go :) We have a Crown Loft for our upcoming cruise and that is going to be AWESOME :D

This is really up to personal preference. From reading the boards, it looks like most people swear by balcony cabins. I am in the minority and always book an inside cabin (18 cruises now). I like the dark at night for sleeping and the savings are substantial! Deck 8 really isn't close to an outside deck. The jogging track circles deck 5 (or was it 6?), but views are often blocked by the lifeboats. The pools are up on 15. My favorite area though is Central Park (deck 8). I'm set in category L on deck 11 for our next trip on Oasis next year...

If you 'loved' your balcony, you'd probably be disappointed with the inside cabins - you're on vacation, so I'd spend the $800 and not be disappointed. Of course, I like to keep the $800 to spend on wine, excursions, etc...

I could only see two reasons for spending the extra money...

1) you REALLY like looking out onto the ocean, or would spend a great deal of time on your balcony...from what I've heard, if you don't have an OV room, you can forget that your even on a cruise ship.

2) u plan on spending alot of time in ur room....the balcony could make it feel bigger

Theres tons of activites tho! On one of my earlier threads "Oasis Activities", someone posted a link to their past Criuse Compass!! I'm telling you...with the amt of things to do on this ship...I can't see anyone staying in their room for long.;)

I vote for the balcony. I've never been willing pay the extra money for a balcony but decided that for the Oasis I would splurge and get a balcony. From what I've read on these boards, the Oasis is set up in such a way that you don't see the ocean very much! I think I would miss constantly seeing the ocean so I wanted a balcony. Just my two cents.

Archived