When is Spring Break over?

KACYKANE

I was just wondering when college Spring Break is considered over? I am not trying to offend anyone, as I sure as heck had a wonderful time "Spring Breaking" in college! But now we have kids and are sailing on the Freedom April 18th, and are hoping that the wild craziness will be for the most part over. I respect everyones agenda on a vacation. Just wondering. Thank you! :)

We always book a Sunday to Sunday cruise during this time of the year. The majority of your students either do a three or four day cruise or a Saturday to Saturday to allow them the extra day (Sunday) to return to school.

Just got home from Legend 2 weeks ago and had no issues at all.

There were a few spring breakers on my cruis but there were no probelms. It was mostly families with kids. Most spring breakers don't cruise - too expensive and they are usually looking for an all inclusive deal with alcohol included. I would think by your date, most vacations are over and they are in to exams!

We're just off the 8 day Miracle cruise, and had one REALLY loud, obnoxious group, but they only ruined karaoke, as far as I know. They almost destroyed the karaoke equipment, acting crazy, and throwing the mikes on the floor etc., before "management" stopped the craziness! I heard "we" got the last laugh though. Rumor had it that they thought the cruise was "all inclusive", until they got the liquor bill! :eek: I'll bet there'll be some 'splainin to daddy!

"SKY"

I was just wondering when college Spring Break is considered over? I am not trying to offend anyone, as I sure as heck had a wonderful time "Spring Breaking" in college! But now we have kids and are sailing on the Freedom April 18th, and are hoping that the wild craziness will be for the most part over. I respect everyones agenda on a vacation. Just wondering. Thank you! :)

I believe Spring Break will be over by the end of this week....exactly when I will be leaving for my 5 day cruise. This will be the first times our moms are cruising and I specifically booked after the spring break due to the same reasons as you. So no worries...:cool:

We went during that time on the Freedom in 2008. There were hardly any "spring breakers". Mostly it's the schools that are off at that time, not the colleges. I would imagine that there will be more kids though. Have a great cruise! I know we loved the Freedom!:)

Thank you for all the great responses!!! Our cruise is SUN - SAT (6) day. I thought we were going to be OK-we are looking forward to a great time! We are not trying to control the behavior of every person on board, but just really didn't want our son to see some of the craziness. I am sure we will be avoiding those late night party areas too. :D

For some So Cal people, Spring Break is THiS week and next until the 12th. We tried to book a cruise out of LA or San Diego for 7 days and they were all sold out of balconys. ALL cruises!!!! :eek: Will be BUSY!

Archived