Itinerary change/no notice!!!!

We have been booked for months on Allure Feb 13th with an Owners suite and two additional cabins......almost 15 grand!!! and I chose this cruise because it is during school break AND because it goes to Haiti and the supposedly new port in Falmouth Jamaica......we sailed the Indy last year and we've already done Costa Maya....

Well, I looked to check on prices and the itinerary is CHANGED.

Nobody called me from RCI, no email.... nothing.

I'm not interested in Costa Maya again.

If I hadn't been looking I would never have known....

I guess this answers my questions about the Oasis class and whether we want to sail on the new ships....NOT.

I'm gonna call them now and cancel and get my $$$ back.

I think that they should have notified me of the change. I mean come on I was gonna spend 15 thousand dollars!!!!! Not now!

Really bad customer relations on their part to not give me a heads up..

Don't you think?

I was notified as well by my travel agent and I sort of remember seeing something from RCI as well.

I was a little nervous about going to a new port was being developed for the cruise ship. I am more comfortable with Costa Maya since the reviews on that port have been good.

Hmmm, I wonder why you weren't notified? My travel agent (whom I booked through) received a notice and forwarded it on to me.

I say keep your cruise and stay on board while you're docked in Costa Maya and enjoy everything that the ship has to offer without the crowds:D:D. RC should have informed you about the itinerary change:confused:

I say keep your cruise and stay on board while you're docked in Costa Maya and enjoy everything that the ship has to offer without the crowds:D:D. RC should have informed you about the itinerary change:confused:

This is a great suggestion. Our itin changed recently for our Oasis cruise in November making Nassau first stop - our TA emailed us pretty quick to let us know.

Same thing happened to us with the Oasis. We would have booked the Eastern itinerary but wanted to see the new Falmouth port. I got online one weekend and checked prices and found out that it had changed from Falmouth to Costa Maya. Got an email from our TA on Monday that it had been changed b/c the port wasn't ready. We were a little disappointed but decided to keep the itinerary b/c I wanted to go back to Labadee and no one in our group really wanted to bother with changing days off of work.

They should have notified you. :confused:

We are booked on the Allure for January and were not notified but I found out through someone that does the work for RCI in this area. Was told that they are far behind on Falmouth and it would not be ready until sometime later in 2011. I for one am glad of the change but RCI needs to let those that booked directly with them know via a phone call or email.

There's something that baffles my mind...WHY would someone CANCEL a cruise on the Oasis because it was going to Costa Maya instead of Jamaica? Why go on the Oasis at all if THAT'S your criteria?

To me, that's like saying, "I want to go on the biggest and most modern cruise ship in the world, but not if the hull is light blue."

too late now

we went to Costa Maya last year and cozumel too on Indy....I mean the ship is nice but we all like to get off and explore someplace new. I was willing to repeat Cozumel ...I booked tru Royal they have my reservation number and email....nothin

So we will wait for a few years to sail the big floating city

You are obviously an experienced cruiser so I don't know if this will make you feel any better or not. We have also been to Costa Maya several times, however, our February trip was the first since the hurricane. We were with 2 other couples and plan no excursions deciding to just be lazy and go with the flow so to speak. We took the bus to Mahahual, the quiet little fishing village 2 miles down the road. We had a blast! We sat on the beach under tiki huts drinking margaritas and eating nachos, chips and guacamole, etc. (We ate at Coco Corona - it's wonderful!) We all just loved it. It's a gorgeous beach. Had fun shopping at the pier, too. That huge pool is impressive although it was too cool and too windy to swim. To each his own. We avoid Jamaica and always look forward to Mexico. Itinerary changes are just part of the cruise experience, we've decided. We booked Canada/New England specifically to see the mansions at Newport. Switched at the last minute to another port. Booked Western Caribbean to re-visit Progresso/Merida ... cut completely. Oh, well. We're also had cruises cancelled completely. Again, oh, well. (If you haven't been back to Costa Maya, you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you find this time around.)

There's something that baffles my mind...WHY would someone CANCEL a cruise on the Oasis because it was going to Costa Maya instead of Jamaica? Why go on the Oasis at all if THAT'S your criteria?

To me, that's like saying, "I want to go on the biggest and most modern cruise ship in the world, but not if the hull is light blue."

because we just came OFF the bigest ship in the world at the time..last yaer and it went to Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Surely you can see why a family wouldnt want to repeat the same port of calls.....we like Jamaica too....thats why

You are obviously an experienced cruiser so I don't know if this will make you feel any better or not. We have also been to Costa Maya several times, however, our February trip was the first since the hurricane. We were with 2 other couples and plan no excursions deciding to just be lazy and go with the flow so to speak. We took the bus to Mahahual, the quiet little fishing village 2 miles down the road. We had a blast! We sat on the beach under tiki huts drinking margaritas and eating nachos, chips and guacamole, etc. (We ate at Coco Corona - it's wonderful!) We all just loved it. It's a gorgeous beach. Had fun shopping at the pier, too. That huge pool is impressive although it was too cool and too windy to swim. To each his own. We avoid Jamaica and always look forward to Mexico. Itinerary changes are just part of the cruise experience, we've decided. We booked Canada/New England specifically to see the mansions at Newport. Switched at the last minute to another port. Booked Western Caribbean to re-visit Progresso/Merida ... cut completely. Oh, well. We're also had cruises cancelled completely. Again, oh, well. (If you haven't been back to Costa Maya, you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you find this time around.)

we loved our trip last year to costa maya...

but its a big world....the Oasis will be around for a while and we will do something different this school break 2011....and I will also save a ton on money now that I gave up the cabins yesterday...

If you've already been to the ports the ship was changed to, why wouldn't you be upset? Many people book for itinerary, not necessarily the ship.

We have relatives booked on the Dec. 18 cruise that was originally going to Labadee and Falmouth - they are not going to Cozumel and Nassau - places they've been to three times. They are furious and I don't blame them.

I'd love to try the Norwegian Epic but I am not booking because we've been to the same islands many times.

Travel agents received e-mails from Royal for all passengers who have been affected by the changes. Why they would not notify passengers who may have booked directly is a mystery....

If you've already been to the ports the ship was changed to, why wouldn't you be upset? Many people book for itinerary, not necessarily the ship.

We have relatives booked on the Dec. 18 cruise that was originally going to Labadee and Falmouth - they are not going to Cozumel and Nassau - places they've been to three times. They are furious and I don't blame them.

I'd love to try the Norwegian Epic but I am not booking because we've been to the same islands many times.

Travel agents received e-mails from Royal for all passengers who have been affected by the changes. Why they would not notify passengers who may have booked directly is a mystery....

I didn't say the OP shouldn't be upset. I was wondering why, if you book the Oasis, is the PORT selection so important.

If the port destination is that important that you'd cancel a cruise over a changed itinerary, then the Oasis is not for you.

I didn't say the OP shouldn't be upset. I was wondering why, if you book the Oasis, is the PORT selection so important.

If the port destination is that important that you'd cancel a cruise over a changed itinerary, then the Oasis is not for you.

It doesn't mean that Oasis is not for you, just not this time. I have never, nor will I ever book solely for the ship. Itinerary comes first. Once I pick the itinerary first then I look at the ship that interests me.

I would cancel too. The Oasis will still be there. I would pick something else for now and go on Oasis when the ports are better.

It doesn't mean that Oasis is not for you, just not this time. I have never, nor will I ever book solely for the ship. Itinerary comes first. Once I pick the itinerary first then I look at the ship that interests me.

I would cancel too. The Oasis will still be there. I would pick something else for now and go on Oasis when the ports are better.

exactly

thats what I am gonna do

We booked the Navigator for December that was suppose to go to Falmouth. Only noticed the port change when I was checking pricing to see if it had changed. I then did a board search here to find this thread. I understand things change, but the lack of notification from RCI is a little disturbing. We booked direct through them.

Archived