Any Sign of VOS yet????

Thanks for the tip off. I'm sitting here patiently with my luggage and trying to decide when I should start my journey over to the ship. It should take me about 90 minutes. I don't think getting there at 5 pm is even a good idea. There is bound to be a lot of people waiting for boarding to begin. Usually I can't wait to board but in this case there's no point in rushing it. Shame, though, it's such a beautiful day in NY it would have been nice to get aboard. Probably the only day sitting outside will be a delight.

Norway - 2/97;Leeward -12/97;
Grand Princess - 1/99; Leeward - 6/99; Dawn Princess - 11/99;Vision of the Seas - 6/00;Carnival Victory - 9/00; Zenith - 10/00
Mercury - 3/01; R1 -7/01; Grand Princess - 11/01; Majesty of the Seas - 12/01; Norwegian Star - 3/02;
Carnival Triumph - 7/02;
Maasdam - 11/02; Holiday - 12/02; Millennium - 4/03; Carnival Victory - 7/03; Zaandam - 8/03; Zuiderdam - 10/03; Enchantment of the Seas - 1/04; Galaxy - 3/04; QM2 - 5/04

Just got off the Voyager. We arrived at the pier by 10:30 but the first folks off the ship did not leave the ship til 2:40. Major delays - don't know why. Seas were very smooth all the way to the Caribbean and back.I'm sure boarding for the Canada sailing will be delayed due to our delay. We were also very late sailing on the 21st. Just bring lots of patience with you - once you sail you will have a wonderful time.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Voyager of the Seas from Bayonne, NJ

I saw the Voyager today........... [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] I was out on my boat cruising through the NYC harbour.....it looked like she was just pulling into the dock around 10AM....She looks beautiful.

My name is Cathy and I am a member of O.A.T.C.(Openly Addicted to Cruising) and I suffer from P.C.D. (Post Cruise Depression)

Doric 1979
Statendam 1980
Norway 1981
Atlantic 1982
Independence 1983
Tropicale 1985
Jubilee 1986
Atlantic 1988
Celebration 1989
Destiny 1997
Disney Magic 1998
Paradise 2000
Sensation 2001
Sensation 2002
Triumph 2003

Coming soon..Navigator of the Seas 8/14/04
Carnival Valor 7/24/2005

My advice to all those afflicted with the dreaded P.D.C. illness is to immediately book another cruise. Works for me every time. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Actually customs was not the problem.It's the process that RCL has in place for embarkation and the reverse.We got to Cape Liberty about 12:15 on 5/21.You have to first drive up in front of the main terminal to drop off luggage,however,this was not communicated until we were trying to get into the parking lot.After dropping off your luggage you circle back around an old terminal and then park.Then a short walk to terminal for check in.At check in you get a number for the shuttle-we had maybe a 20 minute wait.Then on to the ship.Luggage handling was the problem-it was put in containers and then driven to the ship to be loaded.It was nearly 8 PM before we sailed due to them not having all luggage on board.Same problem in reverse this morning.They wouldn't let anyone off the ship until all luggage was in terminal-we were under the mistaken impression that all of the first color tags would be off loaded and the passengers would then be allowed off,then on to the next color.We docked at 10:30 and didn't get off the ship until nearly five.Really inefficient process.Also they ran out of several food items during the cruise and also dining staff were not familiar with new menus.

I'm interested in how the folks sailing to Canada made out this week. Please post when you return. Thank you. I'll be sailing the Voyager 5-night to Canda in September and would love to hear how things went.

Kids programs?

What time is sail-away and was there a sail-away party?

Weather and sea conditions?

Thanks.

Monarch of the Seas 4/02
Disney Wonder 11/02
Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04
Voyager of the Seas to Canada 9/5/04

"Girl's Getaway" on Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04

Adventure Girl- The cruise that just got back today on the Voyager went to the Caribbean. The cruise leaving today was going to Canada. Hope this helps.

Horizon 8/92-- Bermuda
Horizon 8/95-- Bermuda
Mississippi Queen 8/96-- Cruise up the Mississippi
Zenith 6/97-- Bermuda
Nordic Empress 7/98-- Bahamas
Triumph 8/99-- Canada
Zenith 8/00-- Bermuda
Norwegian Sea 8/01-- Canada/N.E.
Carnival Legend 8/03-- Eastern Caribbean
Voyager of the Seas 6/4/04 9 nt. from NJ-- Western Caribbean

Gotcha...thanks. Hoping to hear back from those who left for Canada on Sunday. Thanks

Monarch of the Seas 4/02
Disney Wonder 11/02
Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04
Voyager of the Seas to Canada 9/5/04

"Girl's Getaway" on Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04

Archived