Miami to Ft. Lauderdale Limo/Shuttle Recommendation

tropiclvrs

We took GO Airport Shuttle (or Florida Limo) on our cruise from FLL, this was 3 years ago though, they were good.

They picked us up from our hotel in Miami Beach, right on time, and took us to FLL pier, which took about 45 minutes total. We had one stop on our way there at another hotel.

Price at the time was USD 19 pp.

Their webiste is http://www.floridalimo.com/

We always rent a car. Last year from Miami to Fort Lauderdale cruise pier was only $35 for us including taxes and fees. It was $38 total price from cruise port to FLL on the return trip. That's a fraction of what it would cost if we paid per person for the four of us through a shuttle service. ;)Even though there's no car rental facilities at the cruise pier there are several rental places nearby with free shuttles running back and forth. It's cheaper than the shuttles and you have the freedom to stop and get wine, toiletries, or anything else you need or forgot. Plus you get to go out to a nice restaurant and do some sightseeing if you stay overnight:) which we usually do.

We used Cache limo last summer from FLL to Miami. I was really concerned we were going to get a nasty dirty limo, but I was very happy with the white stretch limo (2009 Chrysler 300M)that picked us up...best part it had suicide doors on the front :D

My fiance had never been in a limo and I kept it all a secret right up to the point it picked us up...he was very impressed. Communication with the company was lacking slightly but for the price and condition of the limo it was a small bump in the road. Last year the original quote was $94 (split between four people), then we asked for a bottle of champagne to be waiting, and it only went up to $108...granted not high dollar stuff but made our experience that much more memorable. Soooo.....I figure I could have used SAS for $72 for all four of us....and lots of ther passengers...or pay a few dollars more to ride in style! Do the limo!

What rental company did u use? How did you handle the logistics of returnig the car? Did your DH drop u and kids off at the pier and then go on his own to return the car? Also, how about on the return?

Hi - I just rented a car through Budget (2 days ago for April 14th, 2010), pick up at MIA and drop off at their off-airport site on 17th in Ft Lauderdale. It cost $27 including all fees and taxes. Apparently the drop off location provides a free shuttle to the pier than.

• 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend rideSAS.com.

We used them both directions (Apr. 12 and 16th) and they were fabulous!

Our second driver - Jeremy was very nice and informative! The first one was fine, just not as talkative.

Great price, great service!

• 1 year later...

I used Larry's Limo and totally loved them. We had to change our pick up time as we got off the ship and hour earlier then expected and somehow they managed to get our driver to the port without us having to wait too long (we called as we walked off the ship). They were easy to work with and accommodating in a clean vehicle. In our case we had a 14 person mini bus but they also have cars. I'd use them again in a heart beat.

I highly recommend rideSAS.com.

We used them both directions (Apr. 12 and 16th) and they were fabulous!

Our second driver - Jeremy was very nice and informative! The first one was fine, just not as talkative.

Great price, great service!

Ditto . . . the price is good and the service has been perfect for a family of 4 or more. Anytime I need a transfer from FLL to Miami I will use SAS. I used them for both of RCC cruises out of Miami. It's just a lot cheaper to fly into FLL. Also, my family and I stayed at a property on South Beach (okay, maybe a lil North of South Beach) called Sole on the Ocean . . . it was awesome.

While I agree with the good reviews of SAS (we've used them twice ourselves), the OP stated they were arriving into MIA, which SAS does not serve.

We're looking into this ourselves as we're flying into MIA and leaving from Port Everglades for our upcoming cruise. We usually do it the other way around hence our experience with SAS. I suspect we may rent a car, as my dh's sister is nearby for us to visit.

Archived