The ultimate Race

We did this (and won!) last July. Without giving it away I will tell you that we started by receiving a clue to go to a destination and complete a challenge. When the challenge was completed we received the next clue to get to the next destination and another challenge. All of the teams had to complete the same challenges but in different order to avoid a bottleneck. We had so much fun! The sports staff on the Freedom was the best and we enjoyed them all week and especially on the Ultimate Race. BYW we were age 10 to 67 and as we traveled with extended family and had two teams of 5. We all had a great time. Hope that helps!

Our family of 4 did the Ultimate Race last May on the FOS and it was one of the highlights of our cruise.

You will race all around the entire ship doing tasks, trivia, figuring out clues etc...

We finished the race in 2nd. but after the points tally we ended up in 3rd. (bronze medal)

We made friends with the family that finished 1st. and this was the 2nd. cruise they had raced on. I certainly learned good things for my next time!

There were only about 9 or 10 families signed up, however I would recommend you sign up for it as soon as you can. You can make inquiries at the sports desk upstairs (by the basketball court, flowrider etc..)

Have fun!

Our family of 4 did the Ultimate Race last May on the FOS and it was one of the highlights of our cruise.

You will race all around the entire ship doing tasks, trivia, figuring out clues etc...

We finished the race in 2nd. but after the points tally we ended up in 3rd. (bronze medal)

We made friends with the family that finished 1st. and this was the 2nd. cruise they had raced on. I certainly learned good things for my next time!

There were only about 9 or 10 families signed up, however I would recommend you sign up for it as soon as you can. You can make inquiries at the sports desk upstairs (by the basketball court, flowrider etc..)

Have fun!

What is this? I haven't heard of it. We are on the FOS end of June. Will it be available?

I'm on radiance to Alaska on 18th June. Do they do it on Radiance as well?

Sounds Awesome!!!!!!:):o:)

I don't know for sure about other class ships.

I can tell you that several of the tasks involved the sports activities such as basketball, rockwall etc... and those ships offer that.

However I am not certain, maybe other folks that have experience with those class of ships can help out.

We have sailed on the Navigator and they were not offering it on that ship (may years ago though)

As far as it being on the Liberty of the Seas, it is the same class and I would think they "should" have it.

It is not really advertised or promoted, there is no cost and I only saw it mentioned in the compass on the day before the race. I heard about it here and our family was the 1st to sign up on our cruise.

If you're able and it's on your ship...do it!

This sounds real cool. We will do it. Does it last all week or just a few hours?

It is only one afternoon, if I remember correctly we started the race around 2 and we finished in an hour.

We ran around like crazy and I mean "ran".

We must have gone from end to end on the ship at least 7-9 times.

There was an opportunity when I got (had) to get wet and I was most grateful.

What a blast!

Archived