??? for Bruin Steve

jamscckmc

Hi Steve you have been very helpful. On your advice we booked Loews for a 3 night pre-sail stay at a great AAA price. Looking at tours now. Plan to eat at the 3rd street promenade on arrival and then walk to Venice. Do we just walk along Ocean Blvd? How do we get to the canals? We want to try and get tickets to the Tonight show, Jimmy Kimel or Chelsea Handler. Do you know which studios are closest to S.M.? We are trying to avoid a big cab bill. We want to go to Universal studios on Fri or Sat. Is it far from S.M.? Would it be better to take a cab or do an inclusive tour with a bus both ways? Can we pick up the redline hop on hop off bus in SM, or at least the bus downtown? I'm sure there will be more ??? to follow. Thanks!

I'm not Steve, but I'll jump in here for my compadre...

Hi Steve you have been very helpful. On your advice we booked Loews for a 3 night pre-sail stay at a great AAA price. Looking at tours now. Plan to eat at the 3rd street promenade on arrival and then walk to Venice. Do we just walk along Ocean Blvd?

No, don't go along Ocean Blvd.

Go to the Santa Monica Pier or out to the beach from Loews.

You'll be right on the northern most point of the Boardwalk.

Just turn left, and start walking south along the Boardwalk from there...

How do we get to the canals?

As you're walking south on the Boardwalk, look at the street signs.

Once you get to Venice North, then Center Ct., then Venice South...

Cross over at Venice South and keep walking, cross the main street light and look south, they will start right there.

We want to try and get tickets to the Tonight show, Jimmy Kimel or Chelsea Handler. Do you know which studios are closest to S.M.?

No studios are close to Santa Monica.

Jimmy Kimmel is easy, because he's right across from the Chinese Theater along the Hop On Hop Off bus route.

I'm not sure if Chelsea actually films on Olympic Blvd in West LA or not - but if she does, then that's easy $10 cab ride.

Tonight Show is Burbank, so you would need big cab fare for that...

We are trying to avoid a big cab bill. We want to go to Universal studios on Fri or Sat. Is it far from S.M.? Would it be better to take a cab or do an inclusive tour with a bus both ways? Can we pick up the redline hop on hop off bus in SM, or at least the bus downtown? I'm sure there will be more ??? to follow. Thanks!

Just get your Hop On Hop Off bus tickets - and you can go to and from Universal with that...

Here's the map for that...

http://www.starlinetours.com/images/SL/HHmap.jpg

Have fun!

Thanks Curt! Glad to see you back here! One more ?, Can I pay for the Hop on Hop off pass when I pick it up in Santa Monica or at the hotel or do I have to take a different bus to the main terminal to get the 24 or 48 hr pass? Thanks again!

Archived