fishing talkeetna or ketchikan

ladyscot1

doing a cruisetour with Princess. Will be in Talkeetna area end of August and in Ketchikan early Sept. Want to do fishing, Ketchikan according to the threads seems the best place, however we only have from 10 am until 6pm. Talked with Ken and he said no problem. However we would also like to do Anan Creek for bear watching ect. Everyone says thats a great excursion also. So need to make a choice. Fishing in Talkeetna and do Anan Creek. or give up Anan Creek and fish in Ketchikan. Any suggestions.

Want to do it all however not enough hours in the day it seems. thanks ahead.

My husband and 14 yr old son went fly fishing in Talkeetna in July '09 with Just Fly Fish. They went on a 1/2 day trip and really enjoyed it. It was the 2 of them plus their guide.

Although they didn't catch a lot of fish, it was an experience they wouldn't want to have missed.

doing a cruisetour with Princess. Will be in Talkeetna area end of August and in Ketchikan early Sept. Want to do fishing, Ketchikan according to the threads seems the best place, however we only have from 10 am until 6pm. Talked with Ken and he said no problem. However we would also like to do Anan Creek for bear watching ect. Everyone says thats a great excursion also. So need to make a choice. Fishing in Talkeetna and do Anan Creek. or give up Anan Creek and fish in Ketchikan. Any suggestions.

Want to do it all however not enough hours in the day it seems. thanks ahead.

Anan is not available for you, you are too late in the season. Your only option is Neets Bay or Traitor's Cove.

My husband and 14 yr old son went fly fishing in Talkeetna in July '09 with Just Fly Fish. .

Thanks, I'll look them up, considering a fly-out flyfishing trip from Juneau but it's expensive, I suspect this would be much less.

Doesn't have to be fly either, in fact I do much better with spinning tackle:D

thanks klingoncruiser, thats what I was looking for. Some idea of what we would be missing out on. Ketchican has had such wonderful reviews, and there is so much to do in Talkeetna. We dont go to the end of August, Im so excited. thanks again everyone.

thanks klingoncruiser, thats what I was looking for. Some idea of what we would be missing out on. Ketchican has had such wonderful reviews, and there is so much to do in Talkeetna. We dont go to the end of August, Im so excited. thanks again everyone.

If you see other wildlife on fishing trips out of Ketchikan, it is definately not the norm. You are not likely to see much, with whales and bears rare.

Not sure, but overall there is not a "lot to do" in Talkeetna. :) Flightseeing is a major bulk of the activities available. The jet boats/float trips are OK, in my opinion, but not a reason to spend extended time here, if short on time, or other touring interests.

Archived