How's the water temp now?

sprinkles

Hi All,

We've done the MR a few times but never at this time of year. The last time was Feb 09 and we found the ocean water too cold to go swimming. We are leaving on April 10th and just wondering if I can expect to be able to swim in the ocean this time around. Most specifically really looking forward to swimming in Cabo again. Thanks.

Tammy

Hi All,

We've done the MR a few times but never at this time of year. The last time was Feb 09 and we found the ocean water too cold to go swimming. We are leaving on April 10th and just wondering if I can expect to be able to swim in the ocean this time around. Most specifically really looking forward to swimming in Cabo again. Thanks.

Tammy

Tammy: Two years ago in late April went on a sail/snorkel sailboat cruise in Cabo. Guide told us water temp was only 65F - too chilly for me. They did offer short sleeved and knee length wet suits. However those that did go in the water got stung by dime sized jelly fish - not my cup of tea. I only went for the sailing experience anyway. The water was crystal clear and you could see the beautiful fish right from the boat. A nice experience.

Thanks for the replies all, maybe I'll get my swimming in on the ship in port. The time we loved swimming in Cabo was in September and it was awesome. Oh well, I leave in two days and it's a cruise, what's to complain about.

Thanks,

Tammy

Thanks for the replies all, maybe I'll get my swimming in on the ship in port. The time we loved swimming in Cabo was in September and it was awesome. Oh well, I leave in two days and it's a cruise, what's to complain about.

Thanks,

Tammy

Hi Tammy,

The last time I was in the MR was in Oct and it was PERFECT:) When I booked my trip for May, it didn't even occur ro me that the water might be a bit chilly:o

If you remember, can you let us know how that water temp was...even if you just get your feet wet:)

Thanks,

Annette

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here's the scoop, just got back yesterday. Beach was gorgeous at Stone Island. I thought the water was perfect, DH, said a "little too cold" but he still swam with me for hours and had fun body surfing. Water was a little on the cold side in Cabo, but both of us enjoyed it, once we would just take the plunge. All in all another great trip to Mexico. Have fun everyone!!

Tammy

Archived