LGB to San Pedro Transportation

downsized

We searched this thread for a long time before our 03/20 cruise on NCL.

We were a party of nine and had booked rooms at Crowne Point the evening before sailing.

I posted here asking about transportation from LGB to San Pedro, frankly wanting advice about renting a limo.

Many here cautioned about trying to fit nine of us and our luggage in a limo. Most suggested a shuttle, instead.

I called several shuttle outfits and was quoted nearly the same amount...about $90, one way.

I called Gama Limo and was quoted a price of $95.00 for a stretch limo, open bar, and soda for the kids. When I asked them about luggage, they assured me that if needed, they could send along an SUV for the luggage, but they doubted that it would be needed.

Well....for $5...we decided to try the limo.

What a great ride!

They were waiting for us at LBG with a sparkling new limo, found room for all of our luggage, and even had the 12 pack of Bud that I had requested.

On the way to San Pedro, I asked the driver if he could swing by the Queen Mary, and he happily said "absolutely".

My kids were happy, my grandkids were thrilled, and we had a wonderful ride. All told (tips included), the ride was $125.00. A bit more perhaps than a van but a truly wonderful experience!

For a large group, a limo is sooooo much better than a van.

Just my $0.02 worth.

What wonderful info for us frequenter posters to this forum. I can't believe that it was that cheap--considering how much we paid for limos for my daughter's wedding and in the past for prom!

Most of us locals have taken one of the shuttle services to or from LAX, but probably don't have much info on limo services except for special occassions.

Thank you for posting that info. Our family of 6 find it so much more cost effective to take a limo when we head to the cruise terminal from an airport as opposed to shuttles or two cabs...but I was having a hard time finding limo service from LGB down to the pier and was considering a shuttle.

Archived