Attn: Stan & Jim

seafare

Quote from FDR to you under get well Don Horner thread, just in case you missed the message from FDR to you!!!!:)

"Hi Stan and Jim:

Somehow I missed your prior post about wanting to celebrate your next birthday onboard Marina in Privee.

Consider Privee yours for the evening of February 15th and "its" on me!

Hope you guys are doing well and hope to see you soon.

And BTW, Privee is NOT exclusive to the Owner Suite guests or any group in particular; anyone can reserve Privee.

FDR "

Jill

Quote from FDR to you under get well Don Horner thread, just in case you missed the message from FDR to you!!!!

Thanks Jill, you're a buddy to have pointed it out to us. :D

I sometimes do my Cruise Critic stuff at 1AM with one eye open and then think that I might have dreamt what I read.

Wasn't it wonderful of Mr. Del Rio to promise us Privee for our big night?

Naturally, we were already enthused about our cruise, but this makes it even more exciting.

Everything we hear makes that room sound more special. The chairs, for example, are supposed to be spectacular, and hand picked by the man himself.

How big a group will it hold? Must you reserve the whole space or will they let a couple join a group of unrelated people? It seems unlikely most people travel with a group of 10 or 12 people.

How big a group will it hold? Must you reserve the whole space or will they let a couple join a group of unrelated people? It seems unlikely most people travel with a group of 10 or 12 people

Privée is a private party room, where one may host a dinner party with up to ten guests:

For the most exclusive dining experience at sea, bar none, Privée may be reserved for a single party of up to ten privileged guests per evening. Lavishly decorated with oversized white leather throne chairs, a custom-made one-of-a-kind Lalique crystal table, Privée is illuminated by a white Venini glass chandelier, and trimmed in vibrant red and gold hues.

Privée transforms every aspect of dining into a sensory experience of pure elation. It is that stunning, as you partake of an absolutely over-the-top seven course Menu Degustation exclusively designed for you by the Executive Chef.

As we're sailing with dozens of other Cruise Critics, we're having trouble keeping our guest list down , but the room will seat from 2 to 10 guests at a single (very elegant)table.

Forgive me for sticking my nose in a "semi-private" thread (curiosity and cats and all that...)

This might be of interest to us, we have a group of 8 on the San Fran->Miami sailing - does anyone know the additional cost for such an evening?

Forgive me as well for going off topic on this thread, but I am new to the Oceania board and have a question for Stan and Jim whose comments I have read over the past few months. We are going on the Insignia this summer but are also booking the Marina for next year. I know that both of you have seen the ship and would like to know which suites you preferred. I think I remember you saying that you would like the Oceania suites but I can't recall whether or not you said which location you would book. I would love to hear your thoughts on the suites.

Thanks,

Sondra

I remember you saying that you would like the Oceania suites but I can't recall whether or not you said which location you would book.

Sondra-

Which Oceania Suite we would book would depend on the itinerary.

map-med-MNA110208.jpg For example, on the trans-canal cruise that we have booked for next February, we wanted one of the two Oceania Suites which are located AFT on deck 11 (11080 or 11083).

On any other type of cruise, where an aft view would not be as desirable, we would book one of the Oceania Suites on deck 12, because they are slightly larger than the deck 11 suites, and also because of their proximity to the pool deck.

Thanks for the prompt reply. We had booked the aft suite on Deck 11 but wondered if those on Deck 12 were a bit larger. Do you know how much larger? We are booked next May for Europe. Any other thoughts you have would be most appreciated. We are looking forward to cruising on the Marina - she looks so beautiful.

We had booked the aft suite on Deck 11 but wondered if those on Deck 12 were a bit larger. Do you know how much larger?

The Deck 12 Oceania suites were projected to come in at "about" ten percent larger than those on deck 11, but the amenities will be identical in all of them.

It was also announced during our tour, that the suites (Penthouse & up) on the Marina are going to be individually decorated, to give them all a custom look.

Now, that is amazing. :D

Thanks again. One of the reasons we chose Deck 11 was that we preferred to be aft rather than forward, but we'll think about our choice although I'm not sure that the difference will be that great. I appreciate you sharing the info with me.

It was also announced during our tour, that the suites (Penthouse & up) on the Marina are going to be individually decorated, to give them all a custom look.

Now, that is amazing. :D

Since most of us only see the inside of one cabin during a trip I don't see why that matters. I always kind of liked knowing what to expect when I returned cruise after cruise.

Digby says: Since most of us only see the inside of one cabin during a trip I don't see why that matters. I always kind of liked knowing what to expect when I returned cruise after cruise

Differing decors between the suites may not be important to you, Digby, but it is a distinction that few ships can boast of, and IMHO it is a very elegant touch.

4136777635_420731540d.jpg

The Normandie was similarly decorated, and she was universally regarded as a masterpiece.

Sameness can be comforting, which is I suppose is one of the reasons why McDonald's is the worlds most popular restaurant, but I say Vive le difference :D

Just want to make sure everyone understands:

All 3 Owner Suites (OS) are uniquely but identically decorated

All 8 Vista Suites (VS) are uniquely but identically decorated

All 12 Oceania Suites (OC) are uniquely but identically decorated

All Penthouse Suites are uniquely but identically decorated

All Concierge Category Cabins and Category B Cabins are uniquely but identically decorated

All Window and Inside Cabins are uniquely but identically decorated

FDR

Just want to make sure everyone understands:

All 3 Owner Suites (OS) are uniquely but identically decorated

All 8 Vista Suites (VS) are uniquely but identically decorated

All 12 Oceania Suites (OC) are uniquely but identically decorated

All Penthouse Suites are uniquely but identically decorated

All Concierge Category Cabins and Category B Cabins are uniquely but identically decorated

All Window and Inside Cabins are uniquely but identically decorated

FDR

By this do you mean that each category is identical to itself but unique from others?

Or that the decoration is identical across the board but unique from other ships?

Or... hold on, I think I need to draw a Venn diagram ;)

By this do you mean that each category is identical to itself but unique from others?

Or that the decoration is identical across the board but unique from other ships?

Or... hold on, I think I need to draw a Venn diagram ;)

I suspect that FDR is saying that each grade of suite is uniquely decorated, but that all of the suites in that grade are identical.

The Marina decorations are perforce different from the R ships because the suite layouts are VERY different.

I'm confused as to how we got our wires crossed on this one, because the differing "grades" of suites were already decorated differently in the preliminary renderings.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived