Best Port to Just Chill

Dishbaby

We are going to the Mexican Riviera in January... Cabo, Mazaltann and Puerto. In one of those ports, we would just like to shop in some nice shops and go to a Margaritaville and hang out. My son-in-law has never been to one. Can someone suggest which would be the best port to just shop and chill and no that we haven't missed out on something really great by doing so?

I don't know of a Margaritaville in these ports so someone else will have to help you out there. I would say don't just hang in a bar in Puerto Vallara. It's a beautiful port with sooooo many things to do there.

You could do the just hang out thing in Mazatlan and if you like the Margaritaville type thing you could go to Senior Frogs which offers a similar experience. In Mazatlan you could also take a water taxi over to Stone Island and just hang out. I'm not a huge fan of Stone Island but many are. There are several small restaurants along the beach there and you can go horseback riding, ATV riding, banana boat riding, etc. Also, in the cruise terminal in Mazatlan there is a center section once you walk out of the terminal that has a couple of places with food and drinks. It's nice if you get back a few hours early from what you decide to do in Mazatlan to get a margarita and just talk with your fellow cruise ship passengers.

Cabo is a great place to hang out in as it's pretty small and there are lots of bars and restaurants fronting Medano Beach. You can do alot of water activities there as well. However, it's also a nice port to go on a snorkeling or kayaking tour down the coastline.

Archived