Heel Tastic

This isn't a bit helpful, but it is funny:

I bought a new pumice stone and left it by the bathtub. A few days later my husband complained that the new soap was horrible -- actually took skin right off his chest -- so he'd thrown it away.

I bought a new pumice stone and left it by the bathtub. A few days later my husband complained that the new soap was horrible -- actually took skin right off his chest -- so he'd thrown it away.

:D:D:D:D That is totally something my husband would do.

Is this the same stuff you can buy at Sallys called Heeltastic? that is a lotion that rubs off the dead skin. That product I do love. I love the PedEgg too.

Did you try any of the Palmer's Cocco Butter products? Pure shea butter can be very thick and good for that.

I have seen this advertised on TV several hundred times, and I am wondering if anyone has any idea if it actually works. I have very dry heels, and they get much worse in the summer when I don't wear socks. I use lotion and a foot scrub, as well as one of those scrapers that is supposed to remove the dry skin. I always put lotion on at night with socks, even in the dead of summer when it is hot. My feet still crack and sometimes they crack so bad they bleed. I am desperate to find something that will make my feet soft and smooth, especially before my August cruise.

Is this the same stuff you can buy at Sallys called Heeltastic? that is a lotion that rubs off the dead skin. That product I do love. I love the PedEgg too.

Did you try any of the Palmer's Cocco Butter products? Pure shea butter can be very thick and good for that.

I believe the Heeltastic is the same thing as what you mentioned. I also found a small tube of "miracle foot repair" that I am trying as well. It has menthol and aloe in it.

I also found a small tube of "miracle foot repair" that I am trying as well. It has menthol and aloe in it.

i have used the miracle foot repair and the hand one too and i found that when i slathered my feet with lotion and put socks on it did just about the same...i didnt see a real improvement with the foot one-better results just using lotion- and the hand one just seem to show a result the instant it was put on but not so much later i found lotions to do about the same for me.

went to use my heel tastic but it wasnt in the bag...probably rolling around in my van somewhere...

Another vote for the ped-egg (or whatever it's called). Getting all the dead skin off lets whatever lotion, cream or oil you use work better and much faster.

I have not tried the ped-egg, but do use a pumice and scraper to remove the dead skin. The lotion is more effective when the tough skin is removed.

Hahaha - my husband and I got a big kick out of this! :D

I just picked up some of the 12% ammonium cream at Wal-Green's yesterday...hoping for improvement by our May cruise...:confused:

Hahaha - my husband and I got a big kick out of this! :D

I just picked up some of the 12% ammonium cream at Wal-Green's yesterday...hoping for improvement by our May cruise...:confused:

Good luck!

I am finding that the miracle foot cream seems to be working the best, my cracks are gone and my feet feel much better. Still not "soft" yet, but much better than they were!

I have seen this advertised on TV several hundred times, and I am wondering if anyone has any idea if it actually works. I have very dry heels, and they get much worse in the summer when I don't wear socks. I use lotion and a foot scrub, as well as one of those scrapers that is supposed to remove the dry skin. I always put lotion on at night with socks, even in the dead of summer when it is hot. My feet still crack and sometimes they crack so bad they bleed. I am desperate to find something that will make my feet soft and smooth, especially before my August cruise.

I'm a bear foot type person. I only put shoes on when I have to and not until I have to in seasons change.

But I love my feet.

If they dry out in winter, I wear vic's in my socks.. at night for a week nice and soft.

:) hugs and smiles

Jeanne

I'm a bear foot type person. I only put shoes on when I have to and not until I have to in seasons change.

But I love my feet.

If they dry out in winter, I wear vic's in my socks.. at night for a week nice and soft.

:) hugs and smiles

Jeanne

I have never heard of using Vicks on the feet for soft skin, although I have heard that putting it on your feet will help with congestion and coughing.

I have tried several things too..I have the ped egg-not a fan..I've tried vaseline or aquaphor before bed with socks, it works for a few days.

I have the 12% cream from the dr. -no luck

Palmers line I loved on my skin..not on my feet..

The only thing I found was the Foot Works line from AVON. Amazing.

A teacher at my sons school sells AVON and mentioned it. My husband loves it too. We buy 4-5 tubes at a time. Its usually on sale 2 for $5.99 or $6.99, pretty reasonable.

You have peaked my interest in Heeltastic and may have to try that!!:D

the other night i wanted to see if there was a difference between HEELTASTIC and the lotions i was using so i slathered up my feet with Vaseline Intensive Care-dry skin and then HEELTASTIC on the other and put socks on hrs later i took the socks off and for me the lotion did just as well and today i noticed that lotion foot/heel was smoother ...last night i also did this with just the lotion...so i will use up the HEELTASTIC but for me the lotion is doing BETTER. --also find if i wear sox around the house and not go barefoot my feet do better.

I have tried several things too..I have the ped egg-not a fan..I've tried vaseline or aquaphor before bed with socks, it works for a few days.

I have the 12% cream from the dr. -no luck

Palmers line I loved on my skin..not on my feet..

The only thing I found was the Foot Works line from AVON. Amazing.

A teacher at my sons school sells AVON and mentioned it. My husband loves it too. We buy 4-5 tubes at a time. Its usually on sale 2 for $5.99 or $6.99, pretty reasonable.

You have peaked my interest in Heeltastic and may have to try that!!:D

I will order some of this next time I place my Avon order! Which, is actually coming up! I have to get the summer makeup!

I went to Walmart after work..as I was at the check out I happened to look over..they have an "As seen on TV" section and I spot HEELTASTIC in between the better brownie pan and the topsy turvey tomato thingy. I laughed..and added it to my cart. I can't wait to try it! It was $9.98. :p

The AVON Footworks is Intensive Callus Cream & Therapeutic Cracked Heel Relief Cream-original, unscented. We LOVE the Intensive Callus Cream..but try both, I hope you love them as much as we do!!

I went to Walmart after work..as I was at the check out I happened to look over..they have an "As seen on TV" section and I spot HEELTASTIC in between the better brownie pan and the topsy turvey tomato thingy. I laughed..and added it to my cart. I can't wait to try it! It was $9.98. :p

The AVON Footworks is Intensive Callus Cream & Therapeutic Cracked Heel Relief Cream-original, unscented. We LOVE the Intensive Callus Cream..but try both, I hope you love them as much as we do!!

I will look for both when I place my order.

• 4 weeks later...

any updates from previous posters? I am wondering about the success of the various products tried--especially the Heeltastic...I haven't yet found anything that works extraordinarily well, and I suffer from very bad cracking skin on the heels :(

any updates from previous posters? I am wondering about the success of the various products tried--especially the Heeltastic...I haven't yet found anything that works extraordinarily well, and I suffer from very bad cracking skin on the heels :(

I believe that the Miracle Foot Repair (purchased at Bed Bath and Beyond for $9.99 worked the best). Even without wearing socks to bed every night and hardly at all during the day, my feet are softer and have fewer cracks on the heels after only a few days, and now I am only using it once a day, right after I shower.

I alternate between Gold Bond foot cream and Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion (both purchased at WalMart) throughout the week. I have my nightly ritual of gooping up my feet, which my husband has named "lotion sock". I have really bad cracked heels and I hate to wear shoes/socks in the summer, so this really helps to keep my feet feeling soft.

Actually this morning I've tried I new combination of the Palmers and Aloe gel (the stuff for sunburns). I'm sure it won't be any different, but I just wanted to give it shot.

since i have been switching back and forth from various ones...heeltastic, foot repair and lotions for me the lotions lathered on then socks put on for a few hrs or to go to sleep has given me results and i didnt have to pay the higher price for the others...was just using vaseline intensive care lotion.

I have the HeelTastic and while I find it works well, I can't stand the smell. I use a ped-egg and get all my rough skin off and then put that on. I find that the real key is to keep removing the rough callused skin. I also use Mary Kay Extra Emollient Cream. That stuff is awesome. And it smells good!

I have the HeelTastic and while I find it works well, I can't stand the smell. I use a ped-egg and get all my rough skin off and then put that on. I find that the real key is to keep removing the rough callused skin. I also use Mary Kay Extra Emollient Cream. That stuff is awesome. And it smells good!

I forgot that I have the emollient cream in my linen closet! I will start using that at night a few times a week as well!

By far the most effective thing I have ever used is Flexitol Heel Balm. I get it at Walmart, altho I'm sure some other drug stores have it as well.

The second ingredient is urea, which is found in many prescription moisturizers for dry skin.

I have had such success with it that I just stick with it.:)

Archived