Advise on Cayman Island??

gagirl

My husband and I are not planning doing an excurison at Cayman Island I was wondering what there is to do? Is the any shops with-in walking distance / a particular beach area we should see? I don't mind paying a taxi if there is a better area to shop / site see / or have a drink at a cool place??.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated...THANKS!

I have been to HELL, and don't care to go again this time.

Hi gagirl,

My friend and I just shopped in Grand Cayman as we were doing longer excursions on other islands. We are both very good comparison shoppers, and we were surprised that prices turned out to be, for the items we compared (mostly jewelry), less expensive and a better selection on Grand Cayman than our other ports. Shopping is right off the tender piers, so walk around and enjoy-plenty of places to have a nice drink and walk around. We also took a short island tour with a vendor on the pier, but you said you have already done that.

Hi gagirl,

My friend and I just shopped in Grand Cayman as we were doing longer excursions on other islands. We are both very good comparison shoppers, and we were surprised that prices turned out to be, for the items we compared (mostly jewelry), less expensive and a better selection on Grand Cayman than our other ports. Shopping is right off the tender piers, so walk around and enjoy-plenty of places to have a nice drink and walk around. We also took a short island tour with a vendor on the pier, but you said you have already done that.

I heard Grand Cayman is a good place to find swaroski crystals.. have you ever found just the rhinestones and you can add to things or just in the jewelry you talked about?

The shopping in Grand Cayman is better than most ports in the Caribbean in my opinion. There seem to be a fair amount of shops that have good souvenirs beyond all of the stereotypical souvenirs that every port is filled with. The shopping area is right by where the tenders drop guests off. 7 mile beach is nice, some areas of it are kind of busy but there are also places where it is quiet if you get away from the area where the resorts and restaurants are.

Archived