National Handicraft Center

AryMay

In 2004 we were on a cruise that stopped in Belize. I had read about the National Handicraft Center that is located near the tourism village where they sell crafts made by local residents. It required going outside the walls of the fenced in port area, but it wasn't a far walk and we enjoyed visiting.

Does anyone know if this place is still in operation? Has anyone been there recently? I did a search but can only find very old threads that mention it.

I think the only thing we purchased was some Marie Sharps hot sauce...but it was interesting to see the crafts. We are going back to Belize this coming August on the Legend and just trying to figure out our plans for the day.

Is this the group of stalls by Memorial Park? Hang a left out of TV then first Right on Park the maybe 3 blocks? We passed the area in Jnauary but didn't stop so I'm guessing it's still there. At worst you'll have a nice walk along the promenade back by the lighthouse.

Archived