Lockers at Orient Beach?

rjack22

Orient is a relatively safe beach. If you use normal precautions, there should be no problems with leaving normal stuff (why would bring valuables?)by your beach chair.

I, personally, would just take a cab instead of the ships "tour".

The only item I would be worried about is my digital camera. And don't tell me not to take it. I want to take it. It takes much better pictures than a waterproof disposible would, although I am stuck using that in the water (grin).

I am reconsidering even going to Orient because of the no lockers issue.

We didn't have any trouble while we were there, but I have read on other forums that Orient Beach has a theft problem. The idea of asking your neigbor to watch your stuff is a pretty good idea. Our chairs were so close to the water that even playing in the water, we were close enough to watch our stuff. We took the camera with us when we went for walks.

As for takiing pictures, nobody really cares unless you are on the Club Orient Beach. Or you are taking a picture of someones wife. Careful where you point that thing.

Kevin and Sally

Orient Beach has no more theft problem than any other public beach. Personally I would not leave valuables unattended anywhere. Re: digital camera - note that if you walk down to Club Orient with the camera, you will be stopped - picture taking is strictly forbidden once you pass their sign. However of course you can take pictures anywhere else along the beach.

Two problems with either neighbors watching stuff or being close enough to the water.

First, we want to rent a waverunner. I would hate to ask someone to watch our stuff for that long of a period. What if they decided they needed to leave in that interval?

Seoond, because we would be out on a waverunner we definately would be out of sight of our belongings.

Looks like I need to leave the camera on the ship and just take a disposible.

There are two ways to deal with the "stuff". One way is to ask the person managing your beach lounge if they would keep it in a safe place. The lounges are always associated with a beach bar so they have a place if they'll do it.

The other is to leave it with the person managing the wave runners. If you rent it at the place next to Pedro's ask for "BeBe". He would certainly take care of your camera.

>>note that if you walk down to Club Orient with the camera, you will be stopped<<

We pass through Club Orient many times and watched many others carry cameras. It can be kind of obvious, if you know what I mean. Nobody was approached unless they were taking pictures.

There are many ways to protect your camera if you really want to take it, but I agree a disposible will give the best piece of mind.

>>note that if you walk down to Club Orient with the camera, you will be stopped<<

We pass through Club Orient many times and watched many others carry cameras. It can be kind of obvious, if you know what I mean. Nobody was approached unless they were taking pictures.

I have rarely seen anyone with a visible camera make it past Club Orient Security without having to tuck it away into a backpack or purse. Anyone caught taking pictures with a digital camera gets those pictures erased.

I have seen film removed and confiscated.

Club Orient is very serious about the "no cameras" policy.

I have rarely seen anyone with a visible camera make it past Club Orient Security without having to tuck it away into a backpack or purse. .

What can I say, I've never seen anyone approached unless they appeared to be taking pictures.

Kevin and Sally

Archived