Travel experiences last week: FLL to PoM

PattiPB

Hotel: Holiday Inn Doral ($70 priceline). Too far west for SAS to drive us. Decent hotel---no free breakfast but walking distance to Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds.

My family: We rented a minivan from Dollar at FLL for one night (3/27-3/28) for a total of $60. Great deal---saved us a fortune. Returned it to MIA, and used free shuttle to the PoM.

Sister: Taxi from FLL to Holiday Inn Doral $85. Taxi from Holiday Inn to PoM $65.

PoM: Easiest embark and disembark we can remember! Well run and plenty of chairs for waiting. Arrived at 11:30, on the ship by 12:15, loading group #10.

Disembarkation: SAS picked up the 10 of us on time in a van for 14. Drove us to FLL, and my sister to Ramada Inn FLL. $13 each, $11 for my 11 yo son.

Seems like your travel plans worked out pretty well. $65 from Holiday Inn Doral to POM seems high. Heavy traffic?

I was not pleased with the taxi rates my sister paid. No traffic on a Sunday morning. They were quoted $15 per person on a shuttle, but wanted to go direct, so they called them a taxi.

My original plan was SAS, but Steve told me that hotel is too far west and not in their "zone" :confused:, so she was left kind of adrift. I had booked my minivan using a Dollar special ages ago---wish I had booked one for her as well.

Archived