LAX to Long Beach

Harbie

Going on my first cruise in October/November. Flying into LAX and need to get to Long Beach. Does anyone have the best transportation suggestion for me? I have heard Shuttles, Metro Rail System, Cabs and they all take about an hour? Also any suggestions for a hotel in Long Beach that is close to the cruise line and nice?

Carnival cruisers used to get a price break when staying at the QUEEN MARY (which is now permanently berthed next to the SPLENDOR's berth). Have met cruisers there and took pics of their cabin (not sure if its in my WEBSHOTS below). The QUEEN has a great bar, terrific restaurant and a very "haunting" past. She's a great local date stop so the place will be jumpin' while you stay there.

We are doing the same thing (flying into LAX and cruising out of Long Beach). We got recommendations to use Super Shuttle for around $17 pp each way and stay at the Hilton. We used the code 5150026 (i think) for a carnival rate of $94 for 2 people and $134 for 4 people. I booked it already (you can cancel up to 1 day prior) and will wait until a month before and bid on priceline to see if I get a better deal. They say there are only certain areas to stay in in long beach. Look on the West Coast Departures forums for more recommendations.

We are doing the same thing (flying into LAX and cruising out of Long Beach). We got recommendations to use Super Shuttle for around $17 pp each way and stay at the Hilton. We used the code 5150026 (i think) for a carnival rate of $94 for 2 people and $134 for 4 people. I booked it already (you can cancel up to 1 day prior) and will wait until a month before and bid on priceline to see if I get a better deal. They say there are only certain areas to stay in in long beach. Look on the West Coast Departures forums for more recommendations.

I also booked the Hilton at the Carnival corporate rate. We are on the 10/10/10 sailing on the Splendor. And I booked two rooms at this rate the first week in March. When I called back less than 10 days later the Carnival rate was sold out. So book these rates early. The regular rate was about $160. I was able to book two more rooms at my company's corporate rate of $114. But the Carnival rate is definitely the best.

I also booked the Hilton at the Carnival corporate rate. We are on the 10/10/10 sailing on the Splendor. And I booked two rooms at this rate the first week in March. When I called back less than 10 days later the Carnival rate was sold out. So book these rates early. The regular rate was about $160. I was able to book two more rooms at my company's corporate rate of $114. But the Carnival rate is definitely the best.

Where did you get the Carnival rate code from? I just checked for our February trip. AAA was the lowest rate and still well over $200. :eek:

We flew into Long Beach both times we have sailed from there (flight and transportation were both less expensive) so I can't offer any advice on that aspect, but the first time we stayed on the Queen Mary, it was interesting and fun, the tour is well worth the time and they (or at least used to) offer early check-in for the cruise to hotel guests. We got up early and watched our ship come in from the deck of the QM. That was wonderful! The second time we stayed at a B&B that had the most awesome, deep enough to swim in claw foot tub. It was called Turret House. Enjoy your cruise!

Where did you get the Carnival rate code from? I just checked for our February trip. AAA was the lowest rate and still well over $200. :eek:

I just called the hotel directly for the Carnival rate. She advised me when I called that there was not a huge number of rooms left at that rate. But I didn't think they would sell out in a week. $200 seems pricey. Even the hotels regular rate was around $160 and I found it on Most of the major hotel websites for about $145. But the Carnival rate was definitely the lowest I found by quite a bit!

Going on my first cruise in October/November. Flying into LAX and need to get to Long Beach. Does anyone have the best transportation suggestion for me? I have heard Shuttles, Metro Rail System, Cabs and they all take about an hour? Also any suggestions for a hotel in Long Beach that is close to the cruise line and nice?

I booked Super Shuttle yesterday and prepaid (to get a discount). It was $12.15 per person one way from LAX to Long Beach Port. An awesome deal compared to the other quotes I got!!

I sail Splendor in....(see countdown clock):D

The airport is serviced by Super Shuttle. They are shared vans and for $20 a person you can go from the airport to the port. The waiting area for the shared rides is outside the terminal by the purple signs. The ride will take at least 60 minutes or could take as long as 1.5-2 hours depending if people are going to the hotels or straight to the port. It took me close to 90 minutes cuz there were five stops, mine being the LAST stop of them all...$20 a person was cheap and I didn't mind the ride, I got to see the sights of LA and surroundings!

I booked Super Shuttle yesterday and prepaid (to get a discount). It was $12.15 per person one way from LAX to Long Beach Port. An awesome deal compared to the other quotes I got!!

What was the discount code you used? We sail the Splendor right after you. Save some food and tequila!

As Yogi mentioned, don't take the Metro. The public transit system here isn't meant for taking on luggage, and you will tick off the locals who are packed into a bus to get to work or home from work.

The usual methods to get from the airport to hotels in Southern California are taxi or a shuttle (like Supershuttle, Prime Time Shuttle or several other similar companies).

Bruin Steve has posted a list of his recommendations for LB hotels in several threads on this board. You can search for his posts.

I got the Hilton Long Beach through priceline for $90 last year, so there is a chance that they will take a bid that low, but may depend on the time of year. We really enjoyed this hotel.

We rented a car since we were going to have a full day after we flew in to explore LA (spent 2 nights at hilton).

We did take the Supershuttle back to LAX and it was a good experience. Just remember a shared shuttle may not take off immediately for the airport, they say that they will wait 30 minutes or until full.

I got it off another post on here. You enter it under corporate code on their website. However, I did just look at hotels.com and they had the same room for 4 people for a little less... $122. I was really shocked. Not sure if this would still let you use their shuttle to/from port though, so just kept my original reservation.

Did you have a coupon code - I just tried it and it was 17. one way

I got it off another post on here. You enter it under corporate code on their website. However, I did just look at hotels.com and they had the same room for 4 people for a little less... $122. I was really shocked. Not sure if this would still let you use their shuttle to/from port though, so just kept my original reservation.

The Carnival rate for the Hilton also includes parking for 7 nights.

Archived