New to site new to cruise..please help

smudgie

Hello everyone,

well this site looks great! Lots of info and help...and that is what I need is help..

My husband and myself are going on our first cruise in a month...and I have a few questions..

We are to be seated for the early dinner, what happens if we do not show up? Do you get charged for it? Or do you have to tell somone?

Also where would a person buy the soda cards?

Thanks for any help you can give!!! :)

Hello everyone,

well this site looks great! Lots of info and help...and that is what I need is help..

My husband and myself are going on our first cruise in a month...and I have a few questions..

We are to be seated for the early dinner, what happens if we do not show up? Do you get charged for it? Or do you have to tell somone?

Also where would a person buy the soda cards?

Thanks for any help you can give!!! :)

You don't get charged if you don't show up for dinner, but it would be courteous to advise your waiter / fellow table mates if you are not going to show up so that they are not waiting around for you.

The soda cards are on sale the first day. If you go to the buffet / pool area / most places on Lido you will not be able to miss the sales pitch ;)

1. The cost of dinner in the main dining rooms is included in your fare. So whether you show up or not, there is no extra charge. If you are seated with others for dinner, it is polite to let them or the wait staff know that you will not be there.

2. Soda stickers can be bought in any bar or restaurant.

Just had another thought - I was referring to not showing up for dinner on the odd occasion - do you mean this, or that you are not going to show up at all and go anytime / buffet? If the latter, you would be better to let your TA / Princess know now so they can assign your seating to someone else. This is a very popular choice that normally has a wait list ;)

Thank you all for the info..

no I was just thinking one night if we would like to stay in or go to one of the other places to eat...

We are on a short cruise only 5 days, and I dont know what to wear, my husband has a nice suit, I was thinking either nice dress pants or (yes I even went out and bought a dress) hahahah a black dress...what do you guys think?

Thank you all for the info..

no I was just thinking one night if we would like to stay in or go to one of the other places to eat...

We are on a short cruise only 5 days, and I dont know what to wear, my husband has a nice suit, I was thinking either nice dress pants or (yes I even went out and bought a dress) hahahah a black dress...what do you guys think?

Either of those would be absolutely fine ;)

As you are new to the boards, you may not know of the search feature in the top (ish) right corner.... if you click on that and do a search on formal wear, you will see a lot of interesting thoughts on that subject!

thank you cat...

Ok one more question how much are drinks? does anyone know what Princess charges for them?:confused:

Alcoholic drinks range from about $5 to about $10. This is for shots or mixed drinks. The higer prices are for "top shelf" liquor. Of course you can order beyond that for the high specialty items.

Bottles of wine have three prices: $25, $35, $45.

Archived