2011 bookings

dougburns

Just booked 2 cruises for 2011. First is Silver Wind from Cape Town-Las Palmas 12-30 Mar. with air included and Venetian Society discount as well. I was surprised that there were only 2 starboard side verandah suites left this far out. The second cruise is Silver Spirit from Lisbon-Barbados 21 Oct-5 Nov also with air included. No problem getting the verandah suite we wanted. The price for both of these cruises is very reasonable, considering that air is included.

... Silver Wind from Cape Town-Las Palmas 12-30 Mar. with air included and Venetian Society discount as well. I was surprised that there were only 2 starboard side verandah suites left this far out...
That being the case, it is surprising to see that voyage still at 60% (maximum) discount plus 5% (of what you pay) in Venetian Society discount and still give you included air. Normally, they raise the fares (lower the discount), remove Venetian (if any to start with) and included air as the ship fills up! Has Silversea overlooked this voyage?

No, I don't think they did overlook it. Even though the starboard side is booked, there are plenty of port side verandahs. Also, there are a lot of 2011 cruises with air included at this point. The base fare for the cruise is @ $400/per higher than 2010, but the air inclusion more than makes up for it. Just as an aside, they fly you in to Capetown a day early and out of Las Palmas a day after the cruise. Total cost/per for the pre and post-cruise hotels is $698.

Archived