Carnival Freedom - 3/27/2010

Just back from the Carnival Freedom, 3/27/10 sailing, and wanted to drop everyone a quick note to say how great the cruise and everyone was. Once caught up with work and the body is back in land-mode, I'll post a full review.

In short, this Eastern Itinerary was one of the best ever from a US mainland port. The extra 8th day was a nice addition and all 5 ports were enjoyed. There was one mix up on our excursion in St. Thomas but we made the best of it and had a great time regardless. Things do happen sometimes and it's never worth letting it bother you very much.

Our MDR (Posh - Late seating) and stateroom (Empress Starboard Forward) staffs were some of the best that we have had in years. These guys (and gals) can make a good cruise great, and our teams did this in spades. We always dine with other guests and had two of the greatest families at our table of eight. When we did visit the Lido deck, the burgers, hot dogs, fries, pizza, and deli sandwiches were great. We were never in line more than about 5mins or so, but did try to avoid times like high-noon, etc. The staff there were always helpful, cleaning, and had smiles (especially when they got them from you).

We tend to not take in the shows so cannot comment on the night time shows. We are Piano barflies and enjoyed many hours into the early morning spent in Scott's, usually followed by room service between 2-3am for a snack.

More later - but for anyone about to go on the Freedom, enjoy, relax, and go with the flow of the sea.

B and B

I'm looking forward to hearing more...We leave 8 day western itinerary on May 8, 2010. So although I wasn't worried its aleways nice to hear someone whos gone within a couple of months of us had a great time. We all know even the best of staffs can get tired and this may reflect in their demeanor.....so this review comes at a great time. Thanks again!

I'm glad you had such a GREAT cruise!

Andy

Archived