Warning for All the Ladies!!

What has this got to do with Hair Dryers?:confused:

The Vista and Signature ships don't have the bathroom dryer.

And the ones on the S- and R-class ships are being removed as the cabins are renovated. :(

I agree with Sage that the bathroom dryers are good for clearing off the mirror, but see that as a plus. I'm sorry to see them go.

Thanks Ruth..Hope that you are OK & getting the help you need to recover from the Flood..

Just got off the Noordam and had no problem with the hair dryer in the room. I do have short, fine hair, however. Also used the one [on the wall] in the ladies locker room at the gym - it wasn't as powerful and got rather hot to hold, but worked just fine.

Am I correct in thinking that the one in the cabin is not hard wired to the desk & is plugged into the 220 (European) Electric outlet ...If so that should do me fine..Thanks...

Cheers...:)Betty

Thanks Ruth..Hope that you are OK & getting the help you need to recover from the Flood..

Thanks. It's going to be a long haul, but I'm doing well on the major things---like heat and hot water.

And the luggage survived! :)

Am I correct in thinking that the one in the cabin is not hard wired to the desk & is plugged into the 220 (European) Electric outlet ...

I don't recall ever seeing a hard-wired hair dryer on any ship. The only ones on which I have not sailed are the Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, and Westerdam.

You should be fine on the Noordam.

Flood? Ruth, what happened?

Rhode Island was hit with over 16 inches of rain in March, including 9" in two days last week. The nearby river has a flood stage of 9', and went to almost 22'. Whole neighborhoods have been swamped. Those that weren't were dealing with a very high water table.

My basement resembled the Veendam poolette. Only larger and deeper.

On the Oosterdam last summer I encountered the same thing. I am afraid this is something new and that HAL is slowly converting to one hair dryer, hardwired in a drawer in the desk. It's the same puny thing that used to be attached to the wall in the bathroom. The one in the bag, that plugs into the European plug is gone. I had been told the same thing, no worries, two hair dryers so didn't bring my own. As soon as we checked in and I showered, I found only the one in the desk drawer. I called the front desk and was able to have a "Real" dryer delivered to my cabin. But, it is my understanding those are now gone.

The other issue with the desk drawer dryer, is if, like me, you are tall. I cannot dry my hair well sitting down, it's medium length and pretty thick. I stand up and move my hair around, including flipping it upside down. I have an 1850 watt travel dryer that takes very little space.

Archived