Carnival Fantasy Class

So I was just wondering to everyone whos loves Carnival and the Fantasy Class, the ones stationed in Florida are they only going to do 3/4 Days to the Bahamas, b/c i really want to go on one of theses ships but 1) Mom doesnt like the Bahamas and 2) Mom also says too expenise to fly for just a 3/4 day. So is this the only thing they are going to do??:confused::confused::confused:

Check out the Fantasy- she'll do one 7 day out of Mobile (last cruise out of Mobile) in early May, then she will be doing some 7 day cruises out of Charleston, along with the shorter cruises.

Some of the other Fantasy-class ships do 5 day cruises, e.g. Ecstasy out of Galveston, Inspiration out of Tampa, may be more.

If you want a real long cruise on a Fantasy class ship, how about the Elation repositioning cruise from SD to Tampa, Mobile thru the Panama Canal :D. I think Elation sails for the Gulf on April 30th (sorry Yogi 2929)...

Marty

Check the ships out of Mobile. I know the Elation will be doing 7 days. Don't know where as I'm mad she's leaving the West Coast.:mad:

The Elation is doing several 7 day itineraries from Mobile in May, July and October 2010. Her normal rotation will be two 5 day cruises followed by a 4 day. The 7 day sailings go to Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

The 5 day sailings go to either Progresso, MX and Cozumel; or Cozumel and Calica/Cancun. The Elation is the only Fantasy Class ship doing 7 day cruises in 2010, although; the Fantasy will be doing some 6 day sailings to the Bahamas from Charleston.

Thanks guys about Mobile, didnt think of it but idk if ill be able to convence by mom to fly to Mobile lol, but will any other ships be doing 7 or 6 days from Florida? and i did see the Fantasy but she mostly stops at the Bahamas with the exception of the Grand Turk port of call, out of SC

I'm mad that the Carnival Triumph left New York

At least the Carnival Miracle replaced the Triumph. There are no ships to replace the Elation so only one ship will sail out of SD and that is only part time (Carnival Spirit). :(

At least the Carnival Miracle replaced the Triumph. There are no ships to replace the Elation so only one ship will sail out of SD and that is only part time (Carnival Spirit). :(

The Carnival Glory is replacing the Triumph and you still have the Carnival Paradise in LA?

The Carnival Glory is replacing the Triumph and you still have the Carnival Paradise in LA?

We still have the Splendor 7day Mexican Riviera, year round

The Paradise 3/4 day Ensenada and Catalina Ensenada

and the Spirit usually doing 8day cruises to the southern Mexican Riviera routes May thru October.

Otherwise the Spirit does Alaska in the summer and Hawaii from Ensenada & Vancouver during the shoulder seasons.

We still have the Splendor 7day Mexican Riviera, year round

The Paradise 3/4 day Ensenada and Catalina Ensenada

and the Spirit usually doing 8day cruises to the southern Mexican Riviera routes May thru October.

Otherwise the Spirit does Alaska in the summer and Hawaii from Ensenada & Vancouver during the shoulder seasons.

We only have the Glory & Miracle here in New York

Thanks guys about Mobile, didnt think of it but idk if ill be able to convence by mom to fly to Mobile lol, but will any other ships be doing 7 or 6 days from Florida? and i did see the Fantasy but she mostly stops at the Bahamas with the exception of the Grand Turk port of call, out of SC

I do love the Fantasy class, from my Elation experience. If you don't like the idea of doing one of those out of Mobile, you can look to the Spirit class ships. Fantasy class is less crowded than the bigger ships (which is a big thing people like about them), but the Spirit class actually has more square footage per passenger than the Fantasy class. So it's an even better option from that perspective. They tend to be peoples' favorite class. The Miracle sails out of New York, but also out of Ft. Lauderdale. We'll be doing one of those 8 day cruises to the Saints islands. The Legend out of Tampa has perhaps the best 7-day itinerary in the fleet.

I do love the Fantasy class, from my Elation experience. If you don't like the idea of doing one of those out of Mobile, you can look to the Spirit class ships. Fantasy class is less crowded than the bigger ships (which is a big thing people like about them), but the Spirit class actually has more square footage per passenger than the Fantasy class. So it's an even better option from that perspective. They tend to be peoples' favorite class. The Miracle sails out of New York, but also out of Ft. Lauderdale. We'll be doing one of those 8 day cruises to the Saints islands. The Legend out of Tampa has perhaps the best 7-day itinerary in the fleet.

The Fantasy class has a less space ratio than the Conquest class ships.

The Fantasy is 34:1 and the Conquest is 37:1

So I was just wondering to everyone whos loves Carnival and the Fantasy Class, the ones stationed in Florida are they only going to do 3/4 Days to the Bahamas, b/c i really want to go on one of theses ships but 1) Mom doesnt like the Bahamas and 2) Mom also says too expenise to fly for just a 3/4 day. So is this the only thing they are going to do??:confused::confused::confused:

Inspiration, a Fantasy class ship, does a 5 day cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel from Tampa. It's not 7 days but it is also not the Bahamas. You could do a b2b if you want something longer - a second 5 day cruise to the same ports or the 4 day to just Cozumel.

I LOVE Fantasy class ships!!!

I love the layout, the new water works, the new balconies on the Ecstasy... I love the fewer folks and the access to the bow, outside, at all hours...

But I would love to see them do longer cruises!!! Out of Galveston, we have 4/5 days - but the other ports, as other have posted -- have longer and shorter ones.

I'd suggest the Inspiration or Legend out of Tampa. Inspiration has a 5-day that doesn't go to the Bahamas and the Legend's 7-day is highly recommended all over the boards. TIA is an easy airport to get in and out of, plus there's PIE airport in St.Pete/Clearwater if you can catch a flight on a discount carrier.

Archived