Water in Mexico

hdcruizer

Does anyone worry about the water or drinks with ice in them in Cabo or PV? How about the food? Everyone tells you not to drink the water or drinks with ice in them in Mexico, but are the tourist towns OK?

have never had a problem with water in PV. the town has seapal water (purified) and most of the hotels and or places to eat have additional purification systems. all in all, if worried, bottle water is sold everywhere. just stick to the popular places and not the push-cart type. food is great everywhere.

Been to the Mexican Riviera 8 times and never had a problem. Probably best to not eat from the taco stands as mentioned. But in the main restaurants and bars the water and ice is purified. There is bottled water offered everywhere which is a good way to go. Don't worry about the ice in the drinks if you are at one of the tourist areas. Haven't had any problem eating in ports either and I eat at every port I go to so if you were to times that by 8 cruises at least 3 ports (some longer than 7 day cruises) I've eaten in excess of 24 times in the Mexican Riviera and never had any problems.

Have a fabulous time in Mexico.

Ice is made from purified water along the MR.

You can eat anything this is cooked/boiled/grilled etc.

My experiences with the above statements is that they are correct and in fact I also eat alot of those amazinng fresh fruit and veg when I am in PV, I also eat from the taco stands listed on this site

http://vallartainfo.com/streetfood.html

I have been to Mexico over a hundred times, mostly for business and have only gotten sick a couple of times. I have found that drinking in a restaurant in a tourist area is good. They cater to outsiders and if you get sick they go out of business.

One word of warning, if you buy water from a vendor, make sure it is sealed before you drink it. Do not let them open the water and hand it to you.

I have seen people filling water bottles with hoses on the side of the road, so you don't want to be the one drinking out of those.

The two times I got sick were from eating a salad and drinking from one of those opened bottles and I learned my lesson.

PV has some of the best water in Mexico. Any restaurant will be ok as they have additional purification. When I went down a few weeks ago we drank water from the tap in our hotel and though it had a chlorine taste it was fine. The water at every restaurant we went to did not have that chlorine taste because they are required to have the additional purification.

I love PV because I do not have to be super careful about everything I eat.

Archived