Anyone sailed to Key West lately - weather question?

AandBmom

We're cruising next week. We will be in Miami, Key West and Cozumel. I've checked the weather forecasts for the ports - looking good!

I'm just wondering if someone that has cruised around there lately can comment on the weather at sea. I know it can change from day to day, but in general how warm does it feel at sea during the morning, day, evening, etc.

Is it warm all the time. Were sweaters needed on deck ever? I like one for the air conditioning sometimes, but I'm wondering about outside.

Also, if you were in these ports ,are mornings or evenings cool or does it stay hot all day long?

Anyone just back that can comment? Thanks.

It's generally going to be pretty warm this time of year....I'm in Fort Lauderdale, and it's definitely short sleeve weather, even at night. Especially if you're active.

However, if you're going to be sitting on deck at night while the ship is underway, it can get a bit chilly with the ship making 20 knots of wind. They usually provide blankets, but you may want a light sweater for that sort of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back yesterday:We left from Charleston to Key West...first sea day very hot...people at pool and swimming but coming back to Charleston on last sea day it was cool by the pool and we had to come inside. Never had to wear a sweater outside.

Key West was very comfortable...not to hot and no rain....we did not swim.

Cozumel was very warm and we went swimming...water was not cold.

Like you said weather can change...when we left Cozumel for Nassau it rained and lots of rough seas but by the time we arrived in Nassau it was again very warm.

Hope this helps

Missygirl

The sea temperature has warmed up, so the cool breezes are disappearing. The humiditiy is on the rise. You will be fine at night.

I always suggest bringing one long sleeve cover-up just in case. But it is likely you will not need it.

Archived