where can i see ships in port in mimai?

cruzobsessed

i'll be in florida on a land vacation in july. we will be in miami on a day when the oasis is in port. is there a park or some public place where i can go at 4:00 and just sit and look at all the ships and then see them all sailaway?:)

There is a park (Watson Park) just off MacArthor Causway where you can watch the ships depart. The Oasis of the Seas isn't in Miami though it is out of Ft Lauderdale.

I would go to the park that's adjacent to Smith & Wollensky restaurant in Miami Beach. You'll get a great, up-close view of the ships pulling out. I think the park is called South Point Park. There's a sizable parking lot with meters. I was just there last month.

how do i get to south point park?

From Miami: Take MacArthur Causeway to Miami Beach. Stay to the right. Once you enter Miami Beach, you'll want to make a right onto Alton Rd. After a few blocks, Alton Rd turns into South Point Drive. Then turn right onto Washington Ave. Washington Ave pretty much dead-ends at the municipal parking lot at the park. They'll be some upscale hi-rise condo buildings there. Be sure to pay the meter and put the ticket that the meter prints on the driver's side dashboard of your car.

oncruisecontrol......thanks for the info. really looking forward to this. when in miami we eat at a place called GRAZIS on washington....is this close to the park?

I am not familiar with this place. If it's in Miami Beach on Washington Ave. south of, say, 6th or 7th Street, then it's not far from South Point Park.

Archived