Traditional dinning-Constellation

jackdiamond

On the Celebrity Ships we've been on the Select dining has been on the starboard side of the upper level of the dining room. I presume that given enough demand they'd expand this area as needed - but don't know if that is a fact. Traditional dining has been on the lower level (Deck 4 on the Constellation) and on the port side of the upper level (Deck 5 on the Constellation).

That is how it was on our Equinox cruise last fall and the Millennium cruise we just completed.

I think the OP wants to know where the Select Dining section is with regards to the traditional seating area.

From Cruise Critic:

"Dinner is served in two seatings with assigned tablemates. Beginning January 17, 2010, the Celebrity Select dining option will be available on this ship. Passengers can choose this option instead of the traditional, assigned-time, assigned-table dining plan. With Celebrity Select, passengers have the option to dine any time between 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. and to decide whether they want to eat with their own party or on a mixed table with other guests. They can also make specific dinner reservations for each day of their cruise online in advance, make reservations onboard or simply show up when ready to eat."

From Cruise Reviews website:

"Celebrity Select DiningSM, a new flexible dining option that allows guests to choose when they dine in the main dining room onboard, on a day-by-day basis"

So, please note that "traditional dining" is referred to as the usual dining option in MDR.

"Select dining" is a new option, which does not imply change of venue, only flexibility in terms of time of dining and table chosen.

In either case, dinner is served in MDR, which, on Constellation, is on Deck 5 and Deck 6, as I indicated in my response to the OP.

...In either case, dinner is served in MDR, which, on Constellation, is on Deck 5 and Deck 6, as I indicated in my response to the OP.

Actually on the Constellation, and all other M-class ships, the dining room is at the aft of Decks 4 and 5. Deck 6, the Penthouse Deck, is all staterooms except for the library near the mid-ship elevators.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000VJKVoDfuLTzA2sGZs6IqADU:12hdebdrn?shipCode=CS&deckCode=PH&sailDate=1061016

From Cruise Critic:

"Dinner is served in two seatings with assigned tablemates. Beginning January 17, 2010, the Celebrity Select dining option will be available on this ship. Passengers can choose this option instead of the traditional, assigned-time, assigned-table dining plan. With Celebrity Select, passengers have the option to dine any time between 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. and to decide whether they want to eat with their own party or on a mixed table with other guests. They can also make specific dinner reservations for each day of their cruise online in advance, make reservations onboard or simply show up when ready to eat."

From Cruise Reviews website:

"Celebrity Select DiningSM, a new flexible dining option that allows guests to choose when they dine in the main dining room onboard, on a day-by-day basis"

So, please note that "traditional dining" is referred to as the usual dining option in MDR.

"Select dining" is a new option, which does not imply change of venue, only flexibility in terms of time of dining and table chosen.

In either case, dinner is served in MDR, which, on Constellation, is on Deck 5 and Deck 6, as I indicated in my response to the OP.

Mea culpa: MDR on Constellation is on deck 4 and deck 5, NOT deck 5 and deck 6, as I stated above. Lsimon is totally correct.

As far as which of the two levels are used for select dining probably depends on the demand but I would assume that it could be either one.

Actually on the Constellation, and all other M-class ships, the dining room is at the aft of Decks 4 and 5. Deck 6, the Penthouse Deck, is all staterooms except for the library near the mid-ship elevators.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000VJKVoDfuLTzA2sGZs6IqADU:12hdebdrn?shipCode=CS&deckCode=PH&sailDate=1061016

That is correct. As a matter of fact, we are in cabin 6144, on our next Constellation cruise. This is very convenient since we will only have to walk one or two decks for dinner, or breakfast, or lunch.

Archived