ES - SUITES are different

I booked my first 9C Aft Wrap using Early Saver at $939.00.

Today, I saw a PA resident rate for a SUITE at $879.00.

I submitted the ES form and was only given an OBC of $80.00 instead of the $120.00 which I thought I was entitled too.....

WRONG....After being on the phone for 23 minutes with a Supervisor, I was told that SUITES do not count if you book below that category:eek:. You MUST book a SUITE in order to be eligible for a SUITE price reduction.

I then informed the Supervisor that my PVP specifically told me that if the price drops within the category that I booked ....and/or anything above, I would be eligible. When I relayed this info, they said I was told incorrectly.

WTH, am I wrong to be a little salty:confused:

I don't think so. A price drop is a price drop is a price drop to the best of my knowledge. I'd actually consider waiting a little while and calling back. You may get a different supervisor who could explain it a little better than what I think is a made up excuse. Sorry to hear about the loss out of $40 but congrats on the $80

I submitted the ES form and was only given an OBC of $80.00 instead of the $120.00 which I thought I was entitled too.....

WRONG....After being on the phone for 23 minutes with a Supervisor, I was told that SUITES do not count if you book below that category:eek:. You MUST book a SUITE in order to be eligible for a SUITE price reduction.

I then informed the Supervisor that my PVP specifically told me that if the price drops within the category that I booked ....and/or anything above, I would be eligible. When I relayed this info, they said I was told incorrectly.

Yes you were told wrong. If you are booked in a 9C and it goes down you are eligible for the reduction or OBC. No other category. If the prices above you drop then you can upgrade to them but you can't get a reduction or OBC based on the prices of suites going down since you aren't booked in one.

Bill

If I'm reading this right, you booked a 9C and saw a OS or SS price for less. And they gave you the amount that your 9C went down. You booked a 9C not an OS or SS. Did you move to a suite instead of a 9C? And if so, was the difference between a SS or OS and a 9C only $80.?

Seems to me if you booked a 4A and they were sold out but an OS went down because they weren't sold out, you have no claim on the price reduction, you didn't book an OS.

ES is by cat. not the whole ship.

If I'm reading this right, you booked a 9C and saw a OS or SS price for less. And they gave you the amount that your 9C went down. You booked a 9C not an OS or SS. Did you move to a suite instead of a 9C? And if so, was the difference between a SS or OS and a 9C only $80.?

Seems to me if you booked a 4A and they were sold out but an OS went down because they weren't sold out, you have no claim on the price reduction, you didn't book an OS.

I did not want the upgrade as we have friends in the 8N next to our Aft Wrap, so I wanted the OBC for the price difference.

There are not any other 9C's available.

I was not aware that ES is category specific and was told otherwise.

I am very happy with the $80.00 :D:D as it is better than nothing, but just a little dissapointed, as I was expecting the $120.00.

Wow I totally missed the part with the new price being for a suite and not the 9c OP was booked in LOL. I'm assuming the 9c (if available) is at a 80 less price than what you booked at.

1. You can move up to a suite if the price falls below what you paid for a balcony, but you've said you don't want to do that.

2. If there are no 9Cs left, how did you get any credit at all? Price drops have to match exactly what you have (stateroom category, sailing, date, etc.) unless you're talking upgrade, which you ruled out in 1 above.

So . . . reading between the lines in order to take full advantage of possible price reductions you should book a category that there are A LOT of cabins in. I've booked an aft wrap for my next cruise and they are sold out asap - no chance of getting reductions when there is no availability. Is that the trick?

So . . . reading between the lines in order to take full advantage of possible price reductions you should book a category that there are A LOT of cabins in. I've booked an aft wrap for my next cruise and they are sold out asap - no chance of getting reductions when there is no availability. Is that the trick?

That would be correct. Remembering of course you already got a cut rate when you booked ES in the first place.

We managed to get one ES reduction when they changed our Cat 11 aft wrap on the Miracle into a VS but were told that was it. Any future reductions would have to come from the VS category (fat chance).

YES YES YES, that is absolutely true. It will be tough to get a price reduction for any of the Aft Wraps IMHO.

I have no idea how I got the $80.00 OBC. I did make a call to try to return it...

:D:D:DN O T:D:D:D

early saver terms and conditions are here. Excerpt:

Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests...

so, in other words you will no longer get a reduction if the price goes down UNLESS you booked the cruise within the "early saver" time parameters? if i book it one month out of that time frame and the price drops later, i'm now outta luck?

I booked a 1A on the Dream, May 1st sailing for $449pp. The past guest price for a 4A (with a free upgrade to a 4H) dropped to $369 on Monday. I submitted the price protection form immediately and recieved both the $60 OBC and the upgrade to a 4H. So, I guess that it varies. It does not always have to be the same catagory of cabin to recieve the discount.

I booked a 1A on the Dream, May 1st sailing for $449pp. The past guest price for a 4A (with a free upgrade to a 4H) dropped to $369 on Monday. I submitted the price protection form immediately and recieved both the $60 OBC and the upgrade to a 4H. So, I guess that it varies. It does not always have to be the same catagory of cabin to recieve the discount.

It is confusing sometimes, for sure!

I am booked in a an 8D for December. My PVP told me that if the price on 8E or 8F went down to the same or less than what I paid for my 8D, I should call him right away. I trust that is correct. :confused: And I'm unclear on whether it has anything at all to do with 8J, 8K, etc. :rolleyes:

I don't expect a price drop because we booked at what I think is a bargain price, but who knows? I check (and will continue to check when the date gets near) just in case. :)

We booked a wrap for 3 on ES in October. I highly doubt we'll get anything in the way of OBC, but the initial booking itself was about $140 cheaper for the 3 of us, so I still come out ahead.

Never say never, though, on our last trip on the Splendor, we switched to a wrap for 3 about 3 1/2 months before the cruise. I'll definitely be watching around final payment!

That would be correct. Remembering of course you already got a cut rate when you booked ES in the first place.

We managed to get one ES reduction when they changed our Cat 11 aft wrap on the Miracle into a VS but were told that was it. Any future reductions would have to come from the VS category (fat chance).

That's exactly what we were told too. And all the VS were already sold out about a year out. So yep, fat chance applies here too.

so, in other words you will no longer get a reduction if the price goes down UNLESS you booked the cruise within the "early saver" time parameters? if i book it one month out of that time frame and the price drops later, i'm now outta luck?

You can get a price reduction if the price falls before the final payment due date. After that the only price adjustments available are if you booked an ES rate. You can't just book a cruise within the ES time parameters, you have to actually book the ES rate, which is only available for so long.

If you book a month out, the ES rate would no longer be available and the price you booked is the price you will have.

I did not want the upgrade as we have friends in the 8N next to our Aft Wrap, so I wanted the OBC for the price difference.

There are not any other 9C's available.

I was not aware that ES is category specific and was told otherwise.

I am very happy with the $80.00 :D:D as it is better than nothing, but just a little dissapointed, as I was expecting the $120.00.

understandable for the disappointment as you were going by what that PVP told you. but it is correct and on Carnivals website that for the earlysaver it is for the same cabin/class

I also forgot to mention, that when I received my confirmation from Carnival, it listed the LOWER FARE at $879.00, so I guess that when I saw the price they listed, I naturally :eek:assumed:eek: that the original $939.00 minues the listed $879.00 would equal the $120.00.

Why list the price as such and not give it?????

Again, I am :DVERY VERY VERY:D happy to get a few more buckets of beer, but the ES can be a bit confusing as stated by others and I do not believe it is as cut n dry as everyone thinks. If so, I would not have gotten the $80.00 that I got.

Archived