Navigator 7 Seas is overbooked for 4/9 !

We are on the same cruise and didn't receive an email. Did the email ask if you wanted to take another cruise or get a refund and/or a future cruise credit? Many times the alternate cruises offered are very attractive.

If you want to go on the April 9th cruise, don't worry. Regent won't kick you off the cruise. They'll just keep increasing their offer until enough people agree to switch cruises.

Dave

I rec'd the email about 4:40 p.m. today (I am the travel agent and the person traveling). I called to tell them we will be happy to cancel, but had to leave a message and now wait to hear if we are one of the chosen to not cruise or if we are cruising. Either way is fine with us, but I hope we know by tomorrow as we fly to Ft. Lauderdale on Thursday! :)

It happens as they "work" the numbers to ensure a full sailing for the revenue. On my last cruise, I "offered" to be voluntarily bumped, but no response through my TA. When I got on, a friend was able to extend her cruise just as she was waiting to go to the airport on embarkation day because two cabins had suddenly cancelled. Regent makes it very attractive to do this at the last minute with future cruise credits and full refunds.

I have never heard on this board of a passenger being "turned away at the door".

There's nothing to "beware"; if you are willing to accept their offer, it will be very beneficial to you. If you are not willing or able to accept the offer, it will not affect you -- someone else will eventually accept the offer.

Most overbooking is based on historical numbers, much the same as insurance actuaries determine premium rates. If they estimate incorrectly on the low side, they may sail with empty cabins. If they estimate incorrectly on the high side, they may have to sweeten the deal to get someone to cruise later. Usually, they estimate correctly, and guests never hear about it. Every cruise line does it, as long as they have a good enough product to get enough bookings...that Regent is able to do it, speaks well of their product.

No need for worry...all has been taken care of. From what I was told today they only needed one suite to cancel. We were happy to cancel or go on this cruise and we will be sailing as someone else beat us to the punch and that's perfectly ok! :)

"Why does this happen? How does this happen? All I can say is, beware of overbooked Regent Cruises!"

Love@Cruise - Please try to calm yourself. As others have posted, all cruise lines do this. Have you ever read of anyone being denied boarding because of overbooking? I would sincerely doubt that.

Regent will get the cabins it needs by finding happily willing people who will take an alternative cruise based on added incentives.

Cheers, Fred

This worked in our favor last summer. The first Alaska cruise of the season was overbooked, and we volunteered to go the following week (on Mariner). We were upgraded to a Horizon suite with separate bedroom, living room, and butler service for the same price as the regular H suite we had booked. The best part was the huge DECK on the back of the ship; fabulous views in Alaska!

I love them. My August cruise to Alaska was overbooked and Regent offered anyone who would change their cruise date, the best suite available.

We were given the Master Suite on the Mariner. Regent can change my cruise date anytime they want to, if that offer is available.

T.G.

Archived