no ellipticals on Majesty of the Seas

... just in case you were wondering - the ceiling height in the gym is too low. I'm a bit of a cardio freak and do 45 minutes on mine every day at home, so this was a bit of a disappointment. Guess I should have done my homework... when I took my first cruise a couple of years ago on Carnival, I remember researching like crazy on CC to be sure they had them but this time I just read that the Majesty's gym had recently been refurbished with all new state-of-the-art equipment, so I just assumed they would have ellipticals. I'm not sure if this is true of all ships in that class (perhaps someone else knows?). Anyway, just wanted to pass along the info... That said, it is a really nice gym, with lots of treadmills, bikes and other stuff if you're not picky like me :o

While I'm not an elliptical machine user, I have found that on most Princess ships I couldn't use the ellipticals anyway due to the low ceilings. It's even harder with rowing machines as many cruise lines don't include them in their gyms. I like doing a lot of cardio as well so I usually end up on a treadmill or in the lap pool. I must say though that I haven't seen a ship without elliptical trainers yet... strange but it's good to know.

Archived