Looking for Sea Calm Medicine

auntieluncher

DH and I were on the Magic in March of 2002. He tried various sea sickness preventions and then remedies and the only one that worked was Sea Calm which I got from the customer service desk on the ship. We are leaving in 2 weeks on HAL and I'm trying to find it before we leave. I've read about all the other remedies but can't find any information on Sea Calm itself. Does anyone know what it's active ingredient is or where it might be found? I would appreicate any suggestions about the medication. I know there are lots of remedies/preventions out there, I'm just specifically looking for info on Sea Calm. Thanks.

I am not 100% sure, but from doing a quick search on the web, "Sea-Calm" is Meclizine (the generic version of Bonine) that has been economically packaged for the cruise industry. In fact, one of the URLs I found was talking about how HAL gave them "miraculous" Sea-Calm for the sea sickness. This medication is available at a higher price in Bonine, but here is a tip. Just ask the pharmacist for the generic form (Meclizine) and you will save a lot.

Archived