Hairspray?? Is it that good?

We just booked Oasis today. BF and I aren't really "show" people--we've never been impressed by the entertainment on RC ships, but we don't really go on cruises for the entertainment. Is Hairspray worth seeing? I've never seen it and don't know if he'd like it. I feel like it would a cool thing to do, and I know he wouldn't like the water show. How long is it?

Thanks!

We've seen it on Broadway. There were differences (can't really explain, there just seemed to be some different points in the story), but it's a very well done production and a good musical. It lasts 90 minutes (normally just over 2 hours with an intermission; there's no intermission on Oasis).

The entertainment on Oasis is not your typical cruise ship entertainment. Oasis of Dreams is well worth your time. It's not that long, is very well done, and is frankly a little fascinating when you consider some of the diving on a moving ship.

Come Fly with Me was also good. It has some flat spots, but the aerials and acrobatics are quite good.

Those were the three we made. The headliner last week was good as well, but we were eating in Chops that night if I remember right. We didn't do Frozen in Time.

We just booked Oasis today. BF and I aren't really "show" people--we've never been impressed by the entertainment on RC ships, but we don't really go on cruises for the entertainment. Is Hairspray worth seeing? I've never seen it and don't know if he'd like it. I feel like it would a cool thing to do, and I know he wouldn't like the water show. How long is it?

Thanks!

Like others have said, the entertainment options onboard Oasis of the Seas are a cut above the rest of the fleet. Special attention has been paid to each and every show onboard. Simply put, they are all worth your time. If you find that you don't like a particular performance, you can always leave before it ends. Don't miss the ice show onboard any Royal Caribbean ship, they are all wonderful!

Regarding the water show, it's not just diving, there's synchronized swimming, dancing and acrobatics. Also, there are chairs outside and on decks above, you can just check it out for a bit and leave if you don't like it.

Archived