transportation from port to Budapest airport

jollyjo

I've been searching google for transportation from where the AMA Almalyra docks to the Budapest airport. On the 21st of June I will need to find a way to the airport and wondered if there are any other options besides a taxi. We booked the cruise without the airfare so I was just trying to be prepared ahead of time. Any ideas out there?

Taxis are available at the port.

We took this trip from Budapest to Nuremberg last Sept. on AMAdante. We took a cab from where we were staying to the port, and there were cabs by the dock area.

My husband believes our cab ride from the Budapest airport to our apartment (near the market area) was 40 euro for 3 of us.

SSS

On our previous AMA cruise from Budapest-Amsterdam, the AMA cruise director came out with a signup sheet a few days before the cruise ended for transportatation to various places like the airport and hotels. The crew took the results and set up taxi transportation for everyone, even those (us included) that did not book transportation through AMA. They even paired people up that had similar airport departure times so you could ride together and split the taxi fare. If I were you I'd sit back and relax because I think they will handle everything. Ask about it when you are on the ship. Worst case is if they don't do the signup sheet they will call a taxi for you and tell you the approximate taxi fare. AMA bends over backwards to help everyone, believe me transportation to the airport will not be a problem. Have a great trip.

Thank you everyone! I like that it is really much easier than I make it out to be.

I've only been on some ocean cruises..too many of us for the staff to worry about how we will get from here to there. I'm beginning to like this retirement thing...my concerns are vacation details instead of which uniform to wear to work today.

If you want more advice, go to trip advisor, budapest forums and look at transportation to airport. I do know that it is less expensive to the airport than from airport. Taxis add a waiting fee to their drive. I plan to ask the crew on Viking about setting up transportation(taxi) to budapest airport. We have an early flight and most lines don't provide their transportation at that time.

janines

welllll, lucky you too, I see you live in Vancouver, one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to! Thanks for the well wishes, I am so looking forward to this trip!

I think we are on the same trip. I need to be at the airport on Monday, June 21 for a 7am flight.

I will arrange confimed pick up prior to our trip. Let me know if this time works for you and we can share the car.

You have nothing to worry about. Your AMA Cruise Director onboard will arrange a cab for you. Ours (Cherie) did that for us last August and she'll tell you how much it will cost (30 Euros for all 3 of us) and have your cab there in plenty of time to get you to the airport no matter how early your flight is.

Archived