How to plan our day around Discover Cayman

chadci

We booked the 8:00AM -12:30PM excursion to Stingray City, Turtle Farm and Hell. We are in the Caymans from 7:00 - 4:00. I assume that by the time we tender to shore and find our group we'll have no time in the morning.

Should we pack a change of clothes for after the excursion OR go back to the ship, get changed and then back to shore again? Both have pros and cons. The pro of going back and forth and not lugging around the extra weight all day AND we could probably grab some lunch when we get back to the ship. The con is it would eat up a ton of time as we probably have to be back at the ship to leave by 3-3:30 which would only allow us 2 hours max by the time we finish the excursion, tender back, change, eat, tender roam around and then tender again.

I was just at GC last week. I would say take everything with you. To tender (roundtrip) is 45min to an hour min. Our tender floated next to the ship for 15 minutes waiting for the tender at the ship to finish loading, so from shore to till we set foot on the ship ended up being 30 minutes almost.

Now you could also get off the ship go to the left form the tender dock down to a bar/resturant about 2-3 blocks away called Hammerheads (it is the next building over across the little "bay") and either Hammerheads or the place next to them rents lockers. (I just saw the sign, didn't actually rent one or see the size of them) If you would catch the 7am tender you would have time to go put stuff in the lockers and make it back for the 8 am tour.

I was just at GC last week. I would say take everything with you. To tender (roundtrip) is 45min to an hour min. Our tender floated next to the ship for 15 minutes waiting for the tender at the ship to finish loading, so from shore to till we set foot on the ship ended up being 30 minutes almost.

Now you could also get off the ship go to the left form the tender dock down to a bar/resturant about 2-3 blocks away called Hammerheads (it is the next building over across the little "bay") and either Hammerheads or the place next to them rents lockers. (I just saw the sign, didn't actually rent one or see the size of them) If you would catch the 7am tender you would have time to go put stuff in the lockers and make it back for the 8 am tour.

Renting a locker sounds like a plan. Thanks!

disneyaholicraquel, I booked through Carnival. It looks like there will be several ships in port that day and we both just felt more comfortable going through the cruise this time around rather than trying to fart around with a million other people.

We are doing a Victor Bodden tour later in the week as well.

Archived