Perry Grant

dailydouble

We were the "Embryos" on our cruise 2 years ago - guess he thought we were the youngest on the ship. It was hysterical walking around the ship and towns and having people call out to us "Hi Embryos"! We sure hope he will be on July 2011 to the Fjords so we can show him how we have grown. :D

Arnold,

Are you going to be on Connie 4/9/2011? We booked it. Can wait to see Connie Renewed.

Isabella

No, sorry. We're on from January the 29th to the end of March.

By then Spring will have sprung and there is gardening to be done and I have to supervise.;)

It was actually $6.67. Why is it that passengers return, return, return and return for all that abuse?

BTW, Perry is unbelievably talented, engaging, outrageously funny and many of us simply love him!

We saw Perry on the Constellation two years ago. I immediately came home sold my house and moved into a gated community with granite. I didn't know what I was missing until Perry set me straight. He is not only very talented and funny, he is very wise.

Ah his ball, I also will never forget when he asked someone to turn in on for him. " Thaaaaaaaaank you! Ah he adores me....! "

I was suspicious about him, when first went into a show he preformed. But from then on I tried to see his shows whenever possible. His crowd gathered every evening all the way from Michaels Club into the Photoshop.

Our cruise director introduced him in a great way- " he is a mix between some comed, whos name i allready forgot and JUDY GARLAND!"

Michael

Our cruise director introduced him in a great way- " he is a mix between some comed, whos name i allready forgot and JUDY GARLAND!"

Michael

Our cruise director introduced him as a cross between a German U-boat comander and Liberace!! Priceless!!!

Recently exposed to his humor on the Constellation TA in April. So upon his recommendation, I'm headed out to buy a SS fridge this weekend, LOL.

"BTW, Perry is unbelievably talented, engaging, outrageously funny and many of us simply love him!" Couldn't agree more with this comment from a post above.

I believe he will be back on in Amsterdam for the first cruise after dry dock and stay on until Dec. 4th when he will take 6 weeks off.***

*** (he will be back January 15th 2011 if he signs his contract which is presently under re-negotiation.)

I believe that there are various staff members on board who are as diverse in their attitudes to Perry as some of the posters on this thread. If a music director or cruise director changes for example, some of the "attitude" of hostility negatively affects the harmony that must exist between entertainers and the people in charge.

There has been a large turnover in Cruise Directors on Celebrity ships recently. If some of them were to judge Perry the same way as a few posters, without considering the number of passengers that book with Celebrity only because Perry is on board, Perry and his followers would be gone.

It does not matter whether you love him or hate him, I can't remember anyone ever starting a thread to inquire about sailing with any other regular entertainer besides Perry.

Xellent... well said. I know of several regular cruisers who plan their vacations around a Perry Grant cruise.

We did a long b2b with Perry on board. It often takes a few shows to understand his humor. He picks on everyone like Don Rickles does in his shows. For us, he was quite entertaining. He sang happy birthday to my DW as if he were Marlyn Monroe singing to JFK. It was great fun.

So does anyone know if he's on the Constellation in late May?

A note from Perry:

leaving for Amsterdam at 5am tomorrow morning ....! join the ship on Sunday .

We hope Perry will stay and it all works out for our sake. Rest of the Celebrity entertainment is pathetic. If he leaves Celebrity - it will be a tremendous loss. I think some of the entertainers on board are jealous of him, because he is so popular.

• 2 weeks later...

We're considering booking one of the Constellation's 14-night Caribbean cruises in Jan or Feb 2011. How can we determine if Perry will be aboard?

BTW the new stainless fridge was delivered last week. Perry would be so proud that he was influential in our making the decision to go stainless.

Betsy

We Perry fanatics are a giddy crew. I too have not received my $6.66 and I stood at all the required places- three times. I'm beginning to think he really doesn't intend to pay us at all.

By the way, I am redoing my kitchen counters; but Corian, not granite. How do you think Perry will take it?

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww .... !!!!

Archived